Chapter-15

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

Right now, all of us were sitting in the hall of VR Mansion, talking to Sejal. Yes, Sejal was back this morning. I could not believe that this was actually happening. She was right in front of me, all fit and fine. Though she looked pale and weak but still I was happy that she was there with me.

When I first saw her after so many days, I could not stop myself and broke into tears. She, too, started crying and hugged me. Dadi caressed our faces and kissed her forehead. From that time, she has been with Sejal, talking to her and making her comfortable.

Seriously, I never expected the family of a cold hearted man like Vansh being this warm and accepting. I wonder what made him such a stone hearted person. Though I was still angry at him, but I saw genuineness and guilt in his eyes and they seemed to be somewhat softer when he was apologizing. Nevertheless, I can never forgive him for what he has done to us.

I was busy adoring dadi when Vansh suddenly came with an angry face. It was evident from his face that he was going to shout on someone. I let out a sigh thinking whose turn would it be now.

''Dadi!'' He growled. Oh! So this time it is the slip with dadi's name written on it. This man won't even leave his own grandmother.

''What is this? You haven't taken the medicines till now? Do you want to fall sick? And you remember right, that today you have the appointment with doctor?'' He said all of this in one breath.

''Beta, with these so many works, I forgot taking medicines today. But I totally remember going to the doctor.'' She said with her puppy eyes and she looked so cute with them but Mr Devil remained unruffled.

''Fine. Take your medicines now and rest for sometime. Today, I have an important meeting so I won't be able to accompany you. Ishani would do that.'' He said handing the pills to dadi. Dadi sat down and resumed speaking but he remained standing there as if waiting for someone.

''Where is Ishani?'' After five minutes or so, he asked Sia.

''Bhai, she went to salon. Will be coming home any minute.'' Sia replied gulping. Even I had some idea where this was heading to.

''When yesterday, everything was discussed, then what was the need to change plans again and again? When she knew she had to take dadi to hospital then what was the need to take a salon appointment of the same time?'' He was clearly frustrated and muttered this while running a hand through his hair.

My attention snapped back when I felt some movement near the main door. Ishani was standing there with a nervous face. Taking baby steps, she came near us. Not looking at her bhai, in a speed of flash, said, '' Dadi, I got late due to traffic. Let me go to the room once and then we will leave for the hospital.'' With this, she moved as quickly as she could. She just put her foot on the third step of the staircase when a deep voice called her from behind.

''ISHANI!'' It was Vansh's voice. She stopped in her tracks and turned.

''Bhai.'' Was all she could utter in that meek voice.

''Why did you keep the appointment at the same time?'' He asked with his eyes fixed on her and she looked down.

''You knew right, that today you are going to take dadi to the hospital then why? And why didn't you tell me before going? I did not expect this carelessness from you.'' He bombarded her with so many questions.

''Bhai, I thought that I would come back soon and you would not even get to know about it. I would have called you but then my phone did not have enough battery. I am sorry. Just let me freshen up once then I will take dadi to the hospital.'' She reasoned but in a very low voice.