Chapter-25

_RiAnshCommunity_

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

I am not trying to take my life because I can't handle all this mess anymore but because I don't want to surrender myself to the enemy and let him win in his intentions.

I removed the cap of the bottle and closed my eyes as I led my hand to my mouth but before that bottle could touch my lips, I felt it falling down.

I opened my eyes, only to see a sad Vansh standing in front of me. It was him who had thrown the bottle from my hand.

''What the hell were you trying to do?'' He questioned me.

''I was just trying to free myself from your cage. You left me with no option other than taking my life. I know that you are just obsessed with me. You just want to take revenge from me because I tried going against you. I know people like you. Big personalities like you don't know how to respect women. You just know how to use them and I know this very well that you are going to do the same with me that is why you can't keep your hands off me. But let me tell you one thing very clearly that I am not going to let you be successful in your plans. I am going to ruin them all, even if it means my death.'' I shouted at him.

''Shut up! Just shut up Riddhima! Why can't you just understand? Why? Aaarrrrrrgggghhh!'' He bellowed and broke the vase adorning the coffee table of his room. I flinched as a few pieces of the broken vase, hit my feet.

''You can never understand my feelings for you! But if you cannot, then please at least do not say anything that may put a stain to this pious relationship of marriage. I.. I have always loved you! I never wanted to harm you or use you. But  you always took my love as my obsession. I am not a freaking obsessive person! I am not a controlling freak. I just fell in love with your innocence. I fell for your bravery. I fell for your inner self not for your outer appearance.'' He blurted out the truth and I stood there rooted to my spot.

''Then why did you not tell me all this?'' This was the first thing that came to my mind.

''I never expressed my feelings for you because I knew, then too, you would have considered it as a cover for my obsession. I wanted you to start trusting me a bit. I wanted you to know me before judging me but you have always done the exact opposite. ALWAYS!'' His face was having a pained expression as he let his feelings out for the first time in front of me.

''I know, I know, you must be thinking all of it as a lie again but believe me this is not lie. This is the truth of my life that I love you with all my heart. I have been very harsh to you lately. I even kissed you without your permission and I am really sorry for that. I never wanted to do that but as you know, I suffer from IED, I could not help but shout at you. I never wanted to show you this but I think without any proofs, you won't believe me.'' He spoke and opened his shirt. As he stood shirtless in front of me, I could see various scars all over his chest. They were still healing. It was...it was as if he was lashed. I tried running a hand over them but he stopped me immediately.

''I am not done yet, Riddhima. Let me complete please.The day, I kissed you, I instantly knew that I made a mistake and when I came to your room, your look made me feel even more guilty. I was determined to punish myself for my deed. I hurt you and it would have been correct if I hurt myself too. So I whipped myself till the time I was satisfied that my pain would have been equal to your agony.'' To say, I was shocked, would be an understatement. Does he really love me so much? I fidgeted my fingers as he continued, not wanting to have any eye contact with him.

''No! Don't consider it as a show off of my love. I did not show it to you so that you have some pity or sympathy for me. I showed it to you because I wanted to tell you that whenever and however I have hurt you, I have hurt myself even more, because I love you damn it! But you! You could never see it.'' I flinched as he raised his voice. This was the first time, he was shouting but still, not shouting at me. He was expressing himself for the first time. I see him running a hand through his now dishevelled hair as he continued speaking.