Studious Little Me

The next morning I wake up in a bed, everything's slightly fuzzy. My eyes creep open as I catch a glimpse of a potrait of some rich people on the wall of my room. I feel my eyebrows furrow in confusion but my eyes start to close again. Then it hits me as my eyes shoot open. I'm one of those rich people in the portrait. I groan and slowly drag myself up and out of bed. I glance at the grandfather clock next to my extravagant dressing table. 6:30 A.M ? I guess even if my body has changed, my mental alarm hasn't. I used to wake up this time every day to get to my part time job before school. I scratch my head and stretch, deciding to at least use my early rising to the best of my ability. I walk into my bathroom and jump slightly when I see my reflection. Oh I am so not used to the blue eyes and rich perfectly cared for hair staring back at me. My eyes used to be green, and my hair was brown but it had tons of split ends and was the definition of disobedient. At least my nose is kinda the same, rounded at the end instead of the pointed ones I'd seen on many of the people in the kingdom. I shake my head, okay enough ogling at the new
look — time to brush my teeth, have a shower and think of what's the next step I'll have to take in order to avoid my death. I smile, briefly enjoying the fact that I won't have to have contact with the princes for the next three years.

***

I waltz out my bathroom in my towel and open my cupboard. My eyes widen as I realize it's a walk in. Oh. I catch sight of the hundreds of dresses and coats. My. I grin as my fingers slide over the soft most likely over priced material. God. I look around, trying to find a pair of shorts and a loose T-shirt but there isn't a single pair. I sigh and settle for a soft pale blue cotton dress. It's quite pretty, simple yet elegant. I pull out of the hanger and walk back out the closet and place the dress on my bed. Lathering on some Apple scented lotion, I then grab some under wear and slip into them. I look back to the dress on my bed and pull it over myself. I then sit down at the mirror and grab the hair dryer. I dry my hair without using a brush so when I'm done it looks kinda untidy but not nearly as frizzy as it would look if I was in my old body. I run my fingers through it, deciding the most it needed was a finger comb to get out any extra knots. I stand up but catch my reflection in the mirror. The blue dress fits perfectly.  Not exactly my first choice for a day when I don't have anything to dress up for but it seems to be the most simple of all the dresses. I guess that's the true difference between me and the other royals - I guess what is simple to them is fancy to me. That and the fact that none of their main goals is to live past 16.

I'm about to head out of my room for some breakfast but I suddenly something draped on a hanger on the knob of my door. I regard it strangely, tilting my head as if the change in view will explain it's reason for being in my room. It's a black jacket with intricate designs of gold and sapphire. One of the jackets the twins were sporting at last nights Ball. That's strange, I mentally mumble as I pick it up slowly, I swear I gave it back to Tyne. I look closer at it, to see if maybe he left a note or something but no such luck. However, a wave of cologne hits my nose and I faintly recognize it. It smells like bergamot, a sweet citrus aroma. I grin, as my sensory memory kicks in and pin points the owner. Tristan. Tyne's is more minty, more sharp and precise whereas Tristan's is more nostalgic, a soft yet strong colourful scent.  I briefly cringe that I know what their colognes smell like but then I know that I was extremely close to both of them at at least one point during yesterday's ball. I push the thought from my mind and examine the jacket closer, as if if I look hard enough I may give it the power to talk and tell me why the heck it's with me and not Tristan. Just then, a knock at my door startles me but I relax when I hear a sweet summer like voice call, "Princess Alexia, wake up My La—" Caroline opens the door gently half way through speaking and jumps slightly when she sees me standing by the mirror. I smile at her, and wave. She returns both gestures and comes closer to me, a tray of what I pray is breakfast in her hands. I eye the tray and grin when I see a croissant, fruit,  a bran muffin and many more breakfasty foods.