This Means War

So far the day has been going great, great because I've somehow managed to avoid all eye, physical and verbal contact with Aryn which I think deserves a prize since were in the same class. The bell for lunch rings and I can feel myself start to regain hope that maybe it's not to late to rewrite my fate. I grin as Harley, Jaya, Nina and Kimber walk out the doors with me as we make our way back down stairs. Once on the lower platform, Harley turns to me
"Alright, any idea of how to get to lunch? I'm literally starving." I pull out the maps we were given by Mr Henderson but before I can even look at it properly, it gets pulled away from me by a lean fingered hand. I frown as I turn around, already having a sneaking suspicion of who it is. To my surprise though, instead of the crimson pair of eyes I'm expecting to meet, I find green brown ones staring back at me.
I raise a brow, "Care to fill me in on why you stole my map?"
Tristan smiles, "Well thieves weren't on the list of people you hate so I figured I was safe."
"I'll make sure to add them."I smirk,
"Doesn't matter," he shrugs, "I think I've got your attention already."
"Sure but by evil means. Don't you remember my threat?"
He just smiles in return, taking a noticeable step closer, his eyes gleaming "I think that's a risk I'm willing to take."
I roll my eyes despite being taken aback by the abundant gorgeous green flecks in his brown ones. "Fine then, we may as well use your defiance to our advantage. Wanna show us to the cafeteri— I mean lunch hall?" I correct myself and gesture to my friends before he can catch onto my error. I see Harley's utterly teasing curiosity at our interaction in my side view but ignore it.

Tristan, if he notices the smug smile she's giving me, doesn't comment on it. "I'd love to. C'mon." He nods towards the left corridor and we start in that direction. He turns to me as we walk.

"I uh, don't believe I've ever gotten the chance to thank you in person for the..." he looks down at the pocket watch around his neck and I smile

"The pocket watch? I'm glad you like it."

He smiles, looking back up. " I was actually going to say the card."
My steps falter and I choke. "Y-you remember that?"
"Well it was quite the memorable card." He smirks and I cringe at his smug smile.
I contemplate blowing the whole thing off, pretending that I don't know why he's acting so amused by the card. Maybe fake temporary amnesia towards it or do something equally as drastic but I obviously, due to my habit of pushing rationality and logic away at the most inopportun of times, don't do any of the aforementioned things. Instead, I just shrug, figuring that I may as well make sure he is referring to what I think he's referring to.

"Are you talking about when I called you hot?" He seems a little thrown by my willingness to talk about it but he nods,

"Well that was one of the things that made it quite unforgettable yes."

I purse my lips, suddenly feeling bad thinking about how weird he must've felt about that at the time, "I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean it."

He turns to me, slightly perturbed and only then do I realize how offensive that sounded.

My eyes widen as I rush to fix my mistake, "Not the hot part." I say carefully, thinking of how to word it in a way that doesn't sound as bad as it sounds in my head. I give up and decide just to say it simply. The third times a charm so there's no need to  play dumb.  "You're hot Tristan," I say in the tone of a diplomat stating a fact. I turn to face him and the shock raising his eyebrows only increases. "That's common knowledge," I nod as we continue to walk, my friends trailing behind me but but not far enough to miss the chance to eavesdrop. I figured they were when I heard a loud whistle from Harley when I stated that Tristan is hot. I shift my view away from him because his gaze is fixed on me as if he is far too curious and shocked to look away. I turn to him, once more shrugging, " I just meant that I hadn't intended to put that exact piece of honesty on your card but, since it seems to have made your card memorable — I guess it wasn't a total bad thing..."