Perfectly Imperfect

Dedicated to one of my besties — Diyajal.
I finished it D!!!!

TRIGGER WARNING!!! Contains scenes of or rather effects of abuse.

Kade's P.O.V
Accidents happen all the time. A dropped banana peel. A spill of water. But that, that excuse of a kiss was a damn earthquake.
Torture. The only word I can use to describe what just happened. Or rather, torture is knowing that it can never ever happen again.
Kissing her was the worst mostly because... it was the best.
I curse, looking up at the stars.
I've kissed girls before. And actual kisses at that. And all those times I had a steady heart beat and crystal clear mind but her accidental mere peck made me completely lose it. My heart still feels like it's trying to compete with the speed of a bullet train, loud enough to rival the sounds of an open fire machine gun.
My brain feels foggy, yet images of her bounce around in it — cristal clear. Her descending the steps in that white, red and green evening dress. Bright bluebell eyes and shimmering smile challenging the beauty and luminescence of the chandeliers above.
And God that smile.
I shut my eyes but that only makes the next memory image clearer. After I had looked away and Jasmine came up to me, asking if I'm seeing anyone and offered an introduction to a friend and suddenly, Alexia was there, looking a hundred percent gorgeous and equally as badass. I remember how shocked I was when she put her arms around my neck, pointing that killer smile directly at me and called me one of her many nicknames. Then, she kissed my nose as if it was the most natural thing in the world. As if she did that all the time. She saved me again. But by saving me, she put my heart in danger once more. My eyes shoot open and I shake my head but that does nothing to clear her out of it. Instead the movement seems to trigger the last memory. When she fell, and I reached out. When I tried to catch her and we both ended up falling. When I spun quickly so she wouldn't get hurt. When I hit the ground, her head falling onto my chest. When she tried to get up, eyes closed for a reason I still don't understand and slipped, causing a domino effect that inevitably led to her lips pressing mine. A poor excuse for a kiss yet a kiss which shook my whole world. Reminding me of everything I've been trying to hide. Of everything my powers won't let me forget. Of the fact that that kiss was the final fatality move, the last blow to end the denial of my true feelings. I scoff.
It's all so cliché isn't it? They type of sad irony Shakespeare used to write about in his many romantic tragedies.
The player lost his game.
And his heart.
He fell for a girl who wasn't his to fall for.
Even when he tried to catch her, he only ended up catching feelings.
Because with her he could be who he really was.
The person no one else knew about.
The broken and bruised and messy boy, with a crown he hated and a title he'd toss aside at the first chance he got.
And yet she made him feel like he wasn't broken at all. That everyone else was and he, well he was real.
That he was enough just the way he was.
I scoff at how it sounds. I scoff at the fact that it's true. That even if it's cliche and tragic and so utterly pitiful — it's the truth.
I like Alexia. My best friend's ex fiancé. My sisters best friend. The one girl in the world who I can never ever be with. I sigh, I like her and I genuinely think it's the worst decision I've ever made. However, it was never mine make. It was my heart's and it chose her. And I know over and over it will keep choosing her because she reminded it of its existence. She made it realize it was tired of breaking other hearts. She made it realize that it itself is willing to get broken, if she is the one who will break it. And as lame as it sounds — I would let her break my heart. I'd let her if it meant for one second I could ever have a piece of hers. Because she's... she's...magic.
***
Still Kade's POV
(ABUSE STARTS HERE!! LEAVE OUT IF TRIGGER)!!!!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙰 𝚅𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜'𝚜 𝙶𝚞𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕... 🎉