Chapter-4

Edited

3rd person POV

Alexander was fast asleep when Reebell decided to drag him out of his dreamland.

"Wake up! Alex. Wake up!" He shouted in his ear.

"Yes sir, I will turn my assignment in tomorrow. Please don't tell my brother." Alex mumbled still in his sleep.

Reebell smirked. "No, they are due today. I want them on my desk in 30 minutes" He said.

"Sir 30 minutes are too less. I will give it to you tomorrow. With extra work." Alex sounded distressed.

"I'm sorry. If you don't give it to me in 30 minutes I would be forced to call your brother." Reebell was really enjoying this.

"Sir please.....sir...nooooo....." Alex woke up with a gasp and came face to body with Reebell. His facial expression changed from that of anguish to anger. He jumped out of the bed and ran after the little fairy trying to catch it. But Reebell was very swift and the fact that he was a tiny guy with wings helped a lot.

After a few seconds Alex stopped and huffed.

This is going nowhere.

Just then a knock came on the door.

"Young master. Please wake up. You are late for breakfast." Vera said from outside the door.

"Come in." 

Vera came in and was surprised by her master's smiling face. Usually, he had a sad gloomy look and the attitude of a spoiled brat. But today he looked angelic. It was like an angel lost its way to heaven and decided to come here. 

"The table has been set. The duke and your siblings have already started eating." She said afraid that he might throw a tantrum. Alex always tried his best to blend in with his family. But he was never given attention.

"Oh...ok. Help me get dressed." Alex said.

Vera nodded and went to the closet. She brought a fancy suit with her.

Isn't it a bit much for breakfast?

"Don't I have normal.....I mean less fancy clothes." He said showing his disgust.

According to Reebell, Alexander spent all his monthly allowance on expensive clothes and decorations. Although he was not favoured he still received a fair share of allowance every month and the old Alex liked to spend the money on everything that can help him be a part of the 'high society'.

Finally he decided to go with a white shirt and black shorts along with a black tie that he felt was more comfortable than the one before. 

I should really go clothes shopping.

They went to the dining hall. The hall was very big with a long dining table in the middle. At the head of the table Duke Hesling was sitting along with Issac and Isla on his left and Elijah and Christopher on his right.

No one noticed when Alex entered. They were all busy chatting with one another. So Alex decided to quietly sit on the left side beside Issac but not before leaving a seat between them.

The servants who were assisting the family for their breakfast for shocked to see this. He always liked to announce his presence. Today not only did he sit one chair away from rest of the family but he was also weirdly quiet.

"Wow! They really didn't notice you." Reebell snickered.

The servants served the food and Alex started eating quietly. He had to make sure that he doesn't die. And for that to happen he must stay away from all the death flags that are hanging everywhere.