Chapter-14

I am sorry I haven't updated for a while. Recently, I have been more of a reader than a writer. So, apologies.

Unedited

My days here were going very smoothly. People still come to bully me but I put them in their place. I still don't show people that I can use magic because I haven't come up with a good excuse about how I could suddenly use magic.

I can't just say, that I stole a mana amplifier from the palace.

"Alex, are you ready?" Christoper came into my room. 

"Yup." I smiled happily. Today we were going to the market. Actually, Elijah had to go buy some weapons and Isla tagged along saying she wanted some new dress. So we decided that all the siblings should go together. I was basically forced by Christoper. He was not ready to let go of the fact that I didn't attend the party. I am also not the kind to stay cooped up in a place for days so I agreed. 

Although Isla was not too happy about it, she kept quiet since her brother wanted me to come.

We walked out of the estate with six knights following us and got in the carriage. The atmosphere was very tense solely because of Isla but we got through it because Elijah kept throwing his poor jokes throughout the ride. His inability to read the atmosphere could be useful sometimes.

We finally got to our destination and stepped down.

"Father said we have to be back home within two hours so we would have to split up. Elijah will go and select the weapons, and Issac and Alex will go with them. I and Isla will go to check out the dresses." Christoper dictated.

"Yay! I get to go with older brother." She said happily and clung on his arm acting all cutesy.

"But, big brother-" Elijah whined but Christopher shut him up with a scary glare.

We decided to walk since it was very close. Three knights were following us. 

As soon as we got in he ran towards the swords leaving me and Issac standing on the entrance.

"This one's great. Ooooh! oooh! this one too. Everything here is great." He was picking up a bunch of different swords and swinging them.

"Everyone come here. I want to test these out." He said calling the guards to him.

They sighed but went over.

"This isn't going to end soon." Issac mumbled and sneaked out. I guess now I know why they all sighed.

I should also go out. 

'Are we going out?' Reebell poofed in front of my face looking excited. 

'Yes' I said monotonously. I would have jumped from his sudden jump scare but I got too used to this style of his.

'Why do you always appear at your comfort and disappear when I need you?' I asked him seriously but that little brat just shrugged. I bit down my anger and step out in the market. 

Let's see I cannot waste a lot of money because I need to live by myself later. All I can do right now is window shopping and maybe buy something that will help me later.

I went a little far from the weapon shop while I was exploring when I heard a familiar scream. I looked at the source and saw Issac being carried away by a bald man. He had a cloth to his face making her go unconscious, then easily held him up in the air and ran into a dark alley. 

Dark alley....probably not a good idea. But if I don't help him I would get blamed for his death too and I don't want another false accusation.

I pushed through the crowd of onlookers who just stood there, watching a little kid getting kidnapped.