Chapter-8

Edited

Previously....

"I never saw you before. Are you a new student?" He asked innocently.

He is lying. He knew about me even before I entered the academy.

I study in his class. We are classmates. Does anyone not know their classmates??? Is he trying to tell that I am too insignificant for him to notice my presence!!??

"No, I have been here for quite some time now. Infact, I actually study in your class. My name is Alexander." I said getting up. I am not going to stay here one more second. 

Jabari just stared at me as I packed my things up ready to leave. When I was about to exit I noticed that he did not have any food with him, probably because his maids don't care about his well being. And according to the story he never liked going to the cafeteria because he despised those stuck up commoners and hated those over-arrogant nobles. 

No don't do it. Don't. do. it. My mind was constantly yelling at me to stop me from doing what I was about to do.

"Do you want to share my food?" I did it. I just dug a pit for myself.

Jabari was shocked, waves of emotions flowing on his face. 

boohoo why you stupid? Why did you have to ask him to share.

But since I already said it, I can't take it back. I went to his side and sat down.

"I-i--you-" He stuttered. He looked a little angry. 

'He probably thinks that you are acting like a pure child. Alexander has quite a reputation. Things like this are bound to cause suspicion from a cautious person like him.' Rebell said.

'Well I have already done it. I cannot take it back now. I will be more careful in future.' I reassured Reebell.

"Here." I raised my box to him since he was still standing. He looked at it and contemplated before sitting down and taking the spoon. We ate in silence. He was constantly staring at me making it a bit awkward.

The food was enough for both of us and soon the bell rang indicating that break was over. 

I quickly got up not wanting to be there any longer. When I was about to leave Jabari said something I never thought he would say, especially to me.

"Thank you, Alexander." He said quietly but I still heard it. He made no effort to get up.

Seems like he is skipping.

----------------------------------------------------------

It was the last period of the day and I dreaded it. Can you guess what it was?

Magic control.

We are currently standing in a large fighting arena. This was the time when others would take their revenge on Alex as he couldn't fight and neither can I.

'Hey reebell. Lend me your powers. Quick.' I said with urgency.

'I told you I cannot give it to you without any prior practice. It can cost you your life.'

'This match will cost me my life. Do you want to see me die?'

'Don't worry. They can't kill you. It's against the rules. They could get suspended for breaking the rules.' Reebell said nonchalantly.

But it would still hurt. I cried in my mind.

"Alex! Where were you during the break? I was looking for you." Lawerence came to my side and said.