Chapter-15

Unedited

After what felt like an eternity, my eyes opened and I was yet again met with the familiar ceiling of my room.

My eyes shifted to the table and I saw Christopher sitting on the table with his head down. Looking out of the window I saw that it was very dark outside. He is probably sleeping. 

My throat felt very dry so I got out of bed to get some water. But as soon as I stood up, blood came rushing to my head making me fall back on the bed. 

The sounds woke Christoper up and he came over to me quickly. 

"Lay back down. You are still not okay." He pushed me into a lying position.

"It was just a headrush." I whined.

"You are still not okay." He said in a voice as if treating a little kid.

"I just wanted some water."

"Stay here." He went towards a table in the corner and picked up a pitcher and a glass, pouring water into the glass he handed it over to me.

"What time is it?" I asked after I quenched my thirst.

"It's around eleven." Christopher said and sat on the bedside.

"How are you feeling now? Are you alright now?" He asked together and I just nodded my head.

"I was stupid and left you guys with that nuthead. Issac might not be here with us if you weren't there. Thank you." He said in a formal tone. I could tell that he was feeling very guilty.

"It's not your fault. No one can know what will happen in the future." I didn't want him to feel guilty.

"You did well today." Christoper said with a hint of pride. 

I have figured out that Christopher is not acting nice because of some scheme. He actually is a good brother. Even before he used to clean up after Alexander. And since i became alexander i have not caused any trouble taking a huge load off his shoulders. It was normal that i have increased favourability in his heart.

There was a sudden thud in the hallway and we turned to look at a little kid standing in the corridor looking at a metal vase that was still rolling on the floor. 

Issac turned back and when he saw us looking at him, he hid behind the door slowly peeking out.

"Come on in, Issac." Christopher said in a brotherly tone.

He slowly came in with a slight blush on his face while fiddling with the hem of his shirt. He was clearly embarrassed.

"What were you going to say?" Christopher pushed him in a gentle voice.

"I-I-I----T-Thank you." He quickly mumbled the words out.

'Reebell come out.' I said in my mind.

'Blessed master, your wishes are my command' He poofed in.

'What the fu-....anyway, is Issac actually nice or just acting?'

'I did check on him while you were unconscious. It didn't look like he is acting. He was genuinely worried about you. Everyone thinks that you love your brother too much and when you saw him in danger you awakened your mana. Suddenly using mana without proper training can lead to permanent damage and even death but you still took the risks to save your loved brother.' He explained.

 'I became a hero. Noice.' 

'Don't think too much. Not all of it is true.' Reebell said trying to take me off my high horse.

'Yeah but all of it isn't wrong either.' I shot back not willing to get off.

'You're a dumbass. By the way, we are gonna talk about what you did tomorrow morning. So rest up. I wanna rest too.' He yawned and disappeared. 

"I was really scared when that man suddenly brought something to my face. They would have killed me if you didn't risk your life to help me. I thought that I would not be able to see dad again or-or my brother or Isla. So, thank you." Until he reached the end he was crying like a little baby. Tears soaked his whole face and his throat was choking.

I couldn't act like a didn't care anymore. I was always weak to cute things. I pulled him into a hug and wiped his tears with my hand.

"But you can. Everyone is there in front of you. Shhh." I tried my best to calm him down because he looked very afraid of the things that could have happened if today went differently.

He hugged me and cried on my chest until it turned into small hiccups. Christoper stood still watching the two of us. 

The truth is, I always wanted a cute little sibling whom I can spoil but all I got was a big brother, whom I loved dearly but he could also be annoying many times. He was really acting like how I think little kids are supposed to act like and that made me feel giddy inside.

"This whole situation led to your awakening so I think that's a good thing we got out of it." Christopher said.

"Yeah, you can use magic now. And you are even a double weilder." Issac said through his hiccups.

"It's not very rare but it isn't common either so congratulations." Christopher said as a matter of fact.

"Come on Issac lets go. Let your brother rest." Christopher said taking Issac off my bed.

"I will come tomorrow." Issac said and waddled off.

Christopher was about to go too but he suddenly returned.

"Here." He had something in his hands."You were clutching onto this ring in a death grip when we found you. It must be something important to you." I saw that he was holding the mana ring. 

"Yeah. Its very important. Thank you." I took the ring and wished him good night.

The room was almost dark since he had switched off the lights before leaving. I sat in the dark thinking about today's events. The mana contained in the ring was too violent. If I don't control it properly I might die. So I decided against using too much of the mana altogether and using low level magic until I am capable enough.

-----------------------------------------------------

For all those who might think.....NO. Reebell is not a love interest. At first, I was thinking that I would give Alex and reebell a pet and its owner kinda relation but slowly it grew into something more. I feel like they have an 'i hate you but I also love you' brotherly relation.

Till next time......

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡