25

Heart beating fast, sweat dropping ever so gracefully from his forehead down his face, Hitoshi stares up at the board, waiting anxiously for the match-ups to be announced. On the other hand, Killua looks at the same object in a calm demeanor. "Gives off the nerves, huh?" Mei ask-states from beside the two boys. Hitoshi sighs, "No kidding."

As Midnight announces the match-ups on the board, Hitoshi and Mei's heads snap up, scanning the board intensely, looking for their names. Well, Hitoshi was scanning intensely, Mei was scanning normally, if that girl is even anything remotely close to normal. "...Midoriya," Hitoshi read airily from the board, unease written all over his face, "He.. ranked first in the obstacle course, just my luck. Why does the universe hate me so much?"

"You'll do fine, oh, and look! I'm against Tenya Iida, whoever that is!" Mei beamed, "I'll have fun promoting all my babies!". Killua rolled his eyes lightheartedly, chuckling a bit at his two friends' typical actions. Scanning the board himself, Killua sees his name beside the name 'Shiozaki Ibara'. Not knowing who that is, Killua just spaces out whilst waiting, ignoring the havoc of emotions from all around him. 

________________________

Killua and Hitoshi decided to stay back one of the many waiting rooms before everything started as Mei had to go and re-check all her babies and even tweak them a bit. To top it off, Hitoshi was nothing less of an absolute mess. Honestly, how Hitoshi even keeps a calm demeanor most of the time is surprising given how much he freaks out internally, well, externally when he's with Killua, but that doesn't matter. 

"Oh god Midoriya and I's match is the first. WhatamIgonnadoWhatamIgonnado-" "You'll do fine, Hito, great, even. Midoriya's quirk is something like super strength, and you have brain washing," Killua explains in attempt to keep his purple haired friend calm, which wasn't working well. "But what if he doesn't answer my questions? Or if he directly charges at me?" Hitoshi asks back, trying his best to keep calm. It seems to be working, seeing how his words don't jumble together anymore, and how he seems to ask normal questions instead of letting his mentality speak for him like he did a few seconds ago. 

"That won't be a problem. I won't make you any strategies because what's the fun in that? But what I can tell you is that Midoriya is a huge hero nerd, especially when it comes to All Might," Killua informs, "Oh, and he can't seem to control his quirk very well, poor boy keeps breaking his bones," he says, shaking his head slightly. Hitoshi lets the words sit in before speaking up, "So, getting to brainwash him won't be much of a problem, but if he doesn't, I might need a plan B, but what would that be?" Hitoshi thinks aloud, and Killua just flashed his iconic cat-like-grin, "That's for you to decide, I said I won't be making decisions for you. Not for the battles, anyway. You don't grow from people bossing you around, after all." Killua says, standing up. "I'll be heading out, I'll come back to tell you if the battle is about to start."

Leaving Hitoshi on his own to think this through himself, Killua finds himself walking around aimlessly, leaving his thoughts hanging around his head. The pale haired boy walked out the stadium and saw a guy in a large trench coat talking to a police officer who looked like he had.. a cat's head? Do those weird hybrid thingies exist in this world? Oh well. Not like he had much to do, so eavesdropping it is. 

"Oi, oi, oi, Sansa. What do you mean there's a villain in the crowd? How the hell did that even happen?!" the guy in the trench coat whisper-yelled at the cat looking man, looking agitated. "I don't know! I was patrolling the other side of the school when one of the newbies informed me in a hurry," the cat-man replied, looking just as troubled as the guy in the trench coat. An infiltration, huh? Oh well, might as well brush it off, not like Killua wanted to expose his power overflow in this world when he finally became something remotely 'normal'.