29

"You nervous, Kil?"

"You wish," Killua snorts at Mei, who asked said question. After Todoroki battles Tokoyami, (which Killua's willing to bet the former will end up in victory, but that doesn't matter) Killua will be battling against Mina, who is apparently in the same class as the pale haired boy. Killua remembers her quirk to be an acid type, and Killua's pretty sure he can win this one. 

"Hey, Kil," Hitoshi calls out, "Can I have a word? Privately". "Hm? Ok, sure. We'll be back, don't miss us too much, Mei," the pale haired boy teases as he stands up, walking the direction that leads indoors with Hitoshi following behind. Arriving at another deserted corridor, Killua leads Hitoshi to the waiting room he was assigned to, having his match up next and all. "So what was it?"

"I'm gonna sound stupid but," Hitoshi hesitates as he seems to contemplate whether to talk or not, deciding the former. "I overheard some police officers. They were talking about a kid in the hero course with white hair and blue eyes taking down two villains that the police were searching for," raising an eyebrow at Killua, Hitoshi continues, "Sound familiar?"

"Hm, I don't know, does it?"

"Killua."

"Yeah, yeah," Killua replies with a snort. "That was me, what about it? Had nothing better to do". The purple haired teen raised an eyebrow once again, "So, that's what you do? Take down villain like a vigilante when you 'don't have anything to do'? Pretty epic." he snorts, finding the whole situation amusing. After a few seconds of silence, Hitoshi speaks up once again. "Still, I don't think it's normal. It doesn't add up."

Killua heaves a sigh. "There's a lot of things that don't add up, 'Toshi. And it doesn't mean it's particularly bad. Just... be thankful I'm not a villain, I guess," the pale haired boy says in a playful manner, masking the truth he's so blatantly admitted behind a playful and cheery demeanor. "Well, that's about it, what I wanted to talk about, anyway." Shinso says as he heads towards the door once again, "Just thought it wouldn't be good to say it out in the open, people might get wary of you and all." he continued. 

____________________________

A couple of hours passed, and it's no surprise that Killua ended up in victory against his pink skinned classmate. No surprise either that Bakugou won the fight against Kirishima. Matching up everyone's opponents in a mental tournament bracket in Killua's brain suggested that Hitoshi was going to face Todoroki after the break, and Killua against Bakugou after them. 

I fulfilled my goal. This is a good time to back out. Just make it as smooth as possible.

____________________________

His heart is pounding so fast. Just how did Hitoshi make it this far? Whether he looses or wins, he'll still be on the podium at this rate. Not that he plans on loosing, that is. The purple haired teen decides to finally bring out his last support gear on this one, the voice modulator mask. Mei likes to call it Persona Cords, so the purple haired teen decides to humor her in the naming. 

He never brought this particular item on his other matches, mainly because once he uses it, it'll be hard to trick anyone else, since it's a one-on-one fight. Though he was weighing his options on whether to bring it beforehand, Killua told him to save it for the semifinals, and the pale haired teen was just so sure that Hitoshi'd get that far, and he couldn't say no to that. And to be fair, Killua was right. 

The nerves are eating him alive. If you told Hitoshi a few months ago before he met Killua that he'd make it this far in the sports festival, he'd either laugh in your face, or brush it off as a cruel tease. No more, no less.