Mehrama 🌼 ~1~

Pal bhar theher jao , dil yeh sambhal jaye
Kesay tumhein roka karun
Meri taraf aata har gham phisal jaye
Ankhon mein tumko bharun

پل بھر ٹھہر جاؤ دل یہ سنبھل جائے
کیسے تمہیں روکا کروں
میری طرف آتا ہر غم پھسل جائے
آنکھوں میں تم کو بھروں

•••••••

With the voice of fajar's azan coming into his ears , he slowly gained consciousness and woke up from his half sleep. He went into the washroom and splashed some water on his face , looking into the mirror , his eyes were red because of the insomnia which started an year ago.

He came outside to the balcony of his spacious room , slow breeze was blowing bringing so many fragrances of spring with itself. He stood on the prayer mate and started offering his Fajar prayers.
After finishing the prayer , a lone tear escaped his eyes as thousands of memories came back flooding.
Aarish Hayat Khan , The world knows him as a big successful business tycoon , someone who has everything in his life , but nobody knows how empty his seemingly perfect life was.

A knock sounded on his door.

"Aarish lala ! Agha Jan neechay bula rahay hain apko"
The servant said and Aarish nodded his head.

(Agha Jan is calling you downstairs)

"I wanted to talk to you on a very important matter"
Agha Jan was sitting in the garden and Aarish joined him.

"G Agha Jan"
Aarish said wrapping his traditional shawl around his shoulders.

"Your mom is worried for you bachay (son)"

Aarish maintained a stern expression on his face.

"She wants you to move on and get married"
Agha Jan said looking at his grandson , deep down he knew he will never be able to move on as he still is holding onto the beautiful memories of his past and is not ready to let those memories go.

"Move on from what?"
His voice sounded husky.

"Bachay ! mere sher ! janay walay toh chalay jatay hain pheechay hamaray liye ek bara gham chor jatay hain. Magar hamne bhi toh jeena hai , khushiyon par haq toh hamara bhi haina"

(Son ! My lion !  Those who are destined to leave from our lives they just leave like that , and leave a huge agony for us but we also have to live , we also have the right to have some happiness in this life)

Aarish smiled faintly.

"Who said I am not happy?
I know you and Ammi Jan have gave up on all the hopes. But I am still hopeful Agha Jan. She hasn't died. She is alive. And I can spend my whole life waiting for her."

He said with a broken smile and a aching heart and stood up walking away with slow steps. Agha Jan sat there looking at him walking away , he knew he would never loose hope. That's how Aarish Hayat Khan was , he will be pierced with a knife in his heart but he will never stop smiling and will always hide his pain from the world.

__________________________

FLASHBACK

"Oof Noor Are you mad or what you almost broke my skull."
Aarish rubbed his head with his palm and made a pout.

"What a crybaby you are Aarish I just hit you with a soft pillow"
Noor giggled.

"Tumharay hath mein yeh naram sa pillow bhi kisi pathar se kam nahi lagta"

(This soft pillow when comes in your hands , feels no less than a stone"

"Yeah yeah now stop with your whining and help me with filling rest of the cotton in these pillows."
Noor was knitting the white cloth making embroidered flowers on them and then making cute little pillows out of them.
She was skilled in these kind of things.

"I can't believe you are making your husband work. Kuch toh reham karo mujh masoom par"
Aarish started teasing her by throwing the balls of cotton at her.

"Oh hello mister! There is still time for rukhsati so yeah don't you dare play that husband card with me"
Noor said in a challenging manner.

Aarish raised his eyebrows.

"Okay okay I surrender your highness.
You win I loose"

"Yupieeeeee"
She exclaimed like babies.

Shehwar begum and Agha Jan were sitting in the lounge looking outside in the garden at these two happy souls giggling and making fun of eachother. It was a complete picture of happiness.

______________________

The car was running on the clear road of Lahore. Aarish's one hand tightly held the the steeering wheel and with the other he loosened his tie. He was driving to his office when he saw a girl her long black hair swaying behind her ,  wearing a white kurta with a coloured dupatta , she was facing towards a group of children who gathered around her and she distributed bangles and pretty clothes among them as tomorrow was Eid. The whole city was decorated with beautiful lights.
Aarish felt something weird in his heart ,he felt as if the girl was Noor , he remembered how she use to buy toys and stuff for the homeless children.

He stopped his car at the side of the road and unknowingly marched towards the girl who was giggling with the children , he couldn't see her face as she was facing the children. Aarish felt his heart beating so fast , he touched the girl's arm to make her turn around only to find she was someone else. He felt as if he won something precious and immediately lost it. Something broke inside him as he apologized to the girl who was completely clueless and ignored his existence.

He turned around , sat back into his car , took off his tie and placed his head on the steering wheel.

He was tired.

"Noorulain!"
He whispered her name.

He was searching for the Noor of his eyes but she was nowhere , all he was left with was love and memories.

___________________________

وہ اجنبی ہے تو میرے ذہن میں رہتا کیوں ہے؟
وہ جو پتھر ہے تو شیشے کا مسیحا کیوں ہے؟

وہ ہوا ہے تو گزر جائے ہوا کی طرح
اور سمندر ہے تو ٹھہرا رہے تنہا کیوں ہے؟

Woh ajnabi hai toh mere zehen mein rehta kiun hai?
Woh jo pathar hai toh sheeshay ka maseeha kiun hai?
Woh hawa hai toh guzar jaye hawa ki tarah
Aur samandar hai toh thehra rahay tanha kiun hai?