Chapter 1 - I Punched The New Teacher In The Face

"Get in loser, we're going to school!" My best friend, James "Jimmy" Sears, yells as he honks his horn at me who is standing outside my front door.

I chuckle at my best friend's antics and run over to the car, climbing into the passenger seat and throwing my backpack on the floor. I look in the backseat where my other two best friends are and notice a certain someone is missing.

"No Nathan?" I ask.

Nathan Drake. He's also another best friend of mine. We've all been together since elementary school. We probably know more about each other than we do about ourselves.

"That bitch hasn't answered me in a week." Our gay best friend, Lewis Fulton, says with a roll of his eyes. "I heard he's sick though."

"So much for the Furious Five," I mutter.

"We can always be the Fantastic Four." Willow Byers answers.

I roll my eyes with a chuckle. "You're such a dork."

"Yeah? And so are you." Jimmy says with a smirk. I give him the finger and he chuckles.

"Bitch!" Lewis yells causing me and Willow to turn our heads immediately. "I have Precalc first period with Mr. Bradshaw. I hate that fucking cunt."

We all laugh. Lewis has the worst pottymouth out of all of us but it can be very amusing.

"I haven't even checked my schedule yet," I say and pull out my phone, going to our website where all of our assignments and our schedules are posted. "Are you serious?!" I exclaim as I look at my schedule.

"What?" Willow asks.

"I have religion first period." I groan.

We go to a catholic high school that is Apple distributed. We use Ipads to do our work and yes we get to keep them after we graduate because we paid for them after all. Everything at our school is online... well depending on the teacher it is. Anyway, all students are forced to take four years of religion, mathematics, and literature so there's no getting out of it.

"I heard we have a new religion teacher. What's their name?" Willow asks.

"Um... okay I'm sorry but who names their kid this?" I say.

"What?!" Jimmy exclaims, clearly impatient.

"Lucifer Morningstar."

"Like the devil?" Lewis asks.

I shrug. "I guess."

"They hired someone... who is named after the devil... at a catholic high school?" Willow's face scrunches in confusion.

I look at the roster to see if any of them are in my class.

"Damn and none of y'all are in my class. Nathan is but he's not here. Now, who am I supposed to talk to in class?" I sigh.

"I'll text you," Jimmy says and winks at me before focusing back on the road.

I groan. "I can tell this is gonna be a long year. I already have senioritis."

"I've had it since freshman year." Lewis pipes up.

I look at the rest of my schedule. Literature, Psychology, Yearbook, Precalc, Physics, and I drop Art today but I'll have it first tomorrow since we run on a seven-day schedule. Turns out I have at least one of them in every one of my classes though.

We arrive at the hellhole and Jimmy parks the car in senior parking and we all get out.

Willow sighs and looks up at the building. "You guys ready?"