Chapter 19 - Devil's Work

Lucifer's POV

The elevator dings and Linda rushes out.

"Lucifer, what happened?" She asks as she comes over to me.

"He took her, Doctor!"

"Who took who?" Linda asks, confused about the whole situation.

"James! He took (Y/n)! I-I don't know where she is!"

I'm such a mess right now. My hair is sticking up all over the place and my eyes are red and puffy from crying.

I get up and grab a bottle off my shelf and take a swing as I walk around knocking stuff over.

"Lucifer! Lucifer! Lucifer!" Linda calls to me.

I stop and slump down on the couch. She sits next to me and takes my hand in hers.

"I need you to tell me what happened."

I nod and begin to tell her everything leading up to the dance.

{Flashback}

An hour ago

"(Y/n)!" I call after her as she runs to the bathroom.

I sigh. Willow starts to go after her but I grab her arm, stopping her. She looks up and I shake my head and she seems to understand.

"Just leave her be. She's just embarrassed, she'll be fine." Jimmy says as he rejoins us. "She's not used to this much attention on her." He continues as if reading my thoughts.

"How did you get the water off?" Lewis asks, noticing his shirt is all dry now.

"I stood under the hand dryer."

I chuckle and he gives me a side glare.

For the remaining thirty minutes the four of us dance and talk. Once the dance is over the four of us stay behind and wait for (Y/n) to come out.

"So what was that about?" Lewis asks.

"What was what about?" I ask, confused on what he's going on about.

"You know what."

"I'm afraid I don't, Lewis."

"You and (Y/n) almost kissing!"

"Oh."

"So are you two secretly a thing?" Willow asks, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

"I-"

"You better not hurt my bestie. She may not admit it but she secretly has feelings for you." Lewis says.

I try to find a way to avoid the conversation and look around, noticing Jimmy is gone.

"Where's James?" I ask.

"Oh, he walked out with (Y/n) like five minutes ago."

'No!'

I quickly walk towards the exit and out towards the parking lot. I scan the lot and spot James' car just as he pulls off. Something catches my eye by the spot James was just parked in. I walk towards it and pick the item up.

(Y/n)'s phone. It's broken, the screen is cracked.

"Mr. Morningstar, what's wrong?" Willow asks from behind me.

"Is that (Y/n)'s phone?" Lewis asks, noticing it in my hand. "She must've dropped it."

I let out a wry laugh that leaves the two very uncomfortable.