Chapter 6 - Race Day

Your POV

"Did anyone else see his eyes glow red?" Lewis asks at our lunch table a few days later.

We all nod at him.

"Wait so I wasn't the only one? I thought I was imagining it." I say.

"No, I saw it." Willow mentions.

Jimmy scrunches his eyebrows in confusion. "Something is definitely up with that teacher."

"He's still hella cute though." Willow waves him off as she starts to drool a bit too.

"And did you see how protective he was of (Y/n)? So cute!" Lewis exclaims.

I roll my eyes. "He was just comforting me after what you said."

Lewis brushes me off. "That was in the past."

"You like him don't you?" Willow asks, leaning towards me excitingly.

I scoff. "What? No!"

"You do! You were totally curling up into him like a baby! And when you wouldn't let go of him... so cute!" Willow squeals.

I see Jimmy roll his eyes but I choose to ignore it and look at Willow and Lewis.

"He just... smelled good."

It wasn't completely a lie but I don't know why I didn't want to let go. Probably because I just needed comfort. But he did smell really good though.

"Hmmm," Lewis says.

"He does!"

"Yeah he really does, Lewis." Willow agrees with me.

I point to Willow. "See! Thank you!"

The teachers start dismissing us from lunch and we get up.

"It's race day! We get to skip last period!" Jimmy says and puts an arm around me and Willow as we all walk out together.

"Usually I would be excited to skip religion but I kinda don't want to know," I say. "Mr. Morningstar makes that class so much more interesting than our previous teachers over the years."

"I know right!" Lewis agrees. "But I'm so glad I get to miss most of Precalc. I hate Mr. Bradshaw."

I chuckle. "I love him though!"

So we all go to our last class where we only have to stay for 15 minutes before we have to get ready to leave to go to the event. I impatiently keep looking at the clock even though I have an iPad in front of me and I tap my fingers on the desk. I don't know why but I always get nervous before a race for no reason. Once it's time for me to leave I pack up my things and head for the door.

"Where are you going?" Lucifer asks, frowning a bit, a confused expression on his face.

The class all look at us, being nosy as hell.

"I have an early dismissal," I say.

"For what?"

I smile and get excited. "It's race day!" He still looks at me confusedly. "I have a cross country race and it said on the announcements this morning that I can leave now."

Lucifer then nods and gives me a small smile. He shoos me away and I roll my eyes with a chuckle as I leave. I run down the hallway and to my locker and hurry to pack my things. I head to the locker room to change into my running uniform which consists of shorts and a muscle shirt and mind you when I say shorts I mean booty shorts. Like the school couldn't get us shorts that were longer?