Epilogue

Lucifer and I stand on either side of the closet door. I look at him to see him looking at me from the other side of the door. He gestures to the closet with his head and I nod.

"Three...two...one." I mouth.

Lucifer goes first and swings the closet door open. Squealing can be heard as Lucifer picks up the ten-year-old girl hiding in the closet. Another figure rushes out of the closet and I sweep him up off his feet, holding him bridal style. He giggles as I shower his face with kisses.

"Can we play again?" My ten-year-old daughter, Natalie Morningstar, asks as she looks at her father.

"As many times as you want, my little devil spawn," Lucifer says and tickles her.

"Can Mom hide with us too?" Natalie's twin brother, Nathan Morningstar, asks as he looks between me and Lucifer.

"Well, that depends on your mother," Lucifer says as he smiles at me.

I nod. "Yeah of course I'll play."

"Lovely."

Lucifer puts Natalie down while I place Nathan down. Lucifer turns around and starts counting.

The twins grab my hand and start dragging me out of the bedroom and into the living room. They giggle and I place a finger to my mouth indicating for them to shush so Lucifer won't find us. We look around for hiding spots until I feel my phone buzz in my back pocket.

While the twins continue to find a hiding spot I check the text message I received from Lewis in our group chat.

Lewis: He asked about you again

Me: No

Willow: It's been 20 years (Y/n), it took us a while to forgive him too

Lewis: You can't ignore him forever

Me: The hell I can

Lewis: He was your best friend too

Willow: Please just think about it

I don't respond and just stare at the phone.

"Well, this is certainly the worst hiding spot ever. The point of the game is to find a good hiding spot, not hiding in plain sight, love." Lucifer says and hugs me from behind. He rests his head on my shoulder and kisses my cheek.

I don't respond to his smart comment which surprises him because I always have a smart comment to say.

"What's wrong?"

I shake my head. "Nothing. Just Willow and Lewis want me to visit Jimmy. He asked about me... again."

"Go visit him."

"Excuse me? Sorry did I mishear you or did you actually tell me to visit him?"

"Yes, visit him."

"No!"

"I can't believe I'm saying this myself. That imbecile killed your best friend and was going to kill me too, but... maybe it's time."

"I guess." I sigh. "Come with me?"

"Of course." He says and holds me tighter. "But first we have to find our little spawns first." He kisses my cheek again before letting me go.

"That's the easy part," I say with a smirk. "Nat! Nate! We're going on a field trip!"

The sound of feet hitting the floor can be heard as the twins scamper out of their hiding spots to come towards us.

"Where are we going?" Nathan asks, looking up at me with his big brown eyes.