Chapter 13 - It's Because Of Me

Your POV

"Kyle Frost," Ella says as she snaps a picture of the body. "Stabbed in the back of the neck with a pair of scissors."

"Time of death?" Chloe asks.

"About an hour ago."

I wipe the tear that falls down my cheek as I look away from Kyle's body.

I had James take Damian home. Lewis and Willow went with him. They wanted to stay to comfort me but I just wanted to be alone. The school's going to be closed for a week and if students left their stuff like homework or backpacks then they'll be excused and will have to get their stuff later.

"That's three students in the last few months," Dan states.

"Yeah and there's still no suspects and we don't even know how these murders are linked," Chloe says.

"You would think the school would get security cameras by now." Dan shakes his head.

"Let me guess, I was the last person to see him alive?" I ask quietly.

Chloe nods. "Yeah, according to witnesses."

"But (Y/n) was with me the whole time," Lucifer speaks up.

Ella gasps. "What if it's because of (Y/n)?"

They all look at her in confusion as I think about her words.

"What're you talking about?" Chloe asks.

"She's right," I say, finally understanding what she's getting at. "It's because of me. Think about it, I kissed Nathan before he was murdered and then I hugged Adam and Kyle before they were murdered."

"What's your point?" Dan asks.

"The killer has to be someone that loves me, someone that is jealous and feels threatened by these guys."

"Exactly!" Ella says.

"But I thought you said Kyle was gay." Chloe mentions.

"He is, but he didn't come out yet. He was going to announce it later today."

"It's James," Lucifer mumbles.

"What?"

He turns to me. "It has to be James." I shake my head in denial. "Darling, listen—"

"No. It's not Jimmy. We've been friends and only friends."

"Yes, but that's the thing. He doesn't want to be just friends with you, he wants to be more. Why do you think he feels threatened by me, as he should be."

Chloe puts a hand on my shoulder. "Don't listen to him, he usually has outbursts like this, but we'll question James back at the station."

Lucifer looks offended by her statement but doesn't say anything, probably knowing she's right. That or she'll shoot his ass if he annoys her.

"If what (Y/n) says is true then she's in danger," Dan says.

I scoff. "Please. I'll kick their ass if they try anything."

"You'll still need someone to watch over you."

"We can discuss that back at the station," Chloe says and then turns to me. "Do you know anybody that likes you?"

I laugh. "I can't tell when a guy likes me, I'm so clueless."

"Clearly," Lucifer mutters.

I elbow his side, shutting him up.

Chloe nods and we all head into our cars and decide to meet up at the station.

I stand in the observation room and look through the one-sided mirror as Chloe and Lucifer sit in front of James. Chloe opens her mouth to start the questioning but Lucifer cuts her off.