Chapter 20

Azalea Garcia

After spending the whole weekend with my brother, I felt so much happier and I could tell he felt the same.

I know that he probably misses me seems as we rarely spend time together ever since moving here so I tried to make it as good as possible.

Walking to school on Monday I felt content. Yes I decided to walk. The slight sound of birds joyfully chirping and the quiet gusts of wind passed through my ears.

I reached the rusting school gates and entered with my head down. When the bell rang for lesson 1, I quickly skipped through the squeaking halls.

I soon reached my history room and snuck my way through the students crowded around the hallway next to the door.

I threw my bag under the table and launched myself in my chair. My fingers began dancing with each other against the table on impulse.

My fingers pittering not so quietly against the wood was probably annoying a couple students around me. But oh well I'm bored.

A couple minutes later, Mr green entered the class making his presence known.

A/N: I'm pretty sure that's the teachers name, I could go back and check but that's effort that I'm not willing to waste so 🤓

"Good morning class I hope you are all doing well today we will be learning about the Reichstag fire" sir uttered.

I smiled at sir and began getting out my book and pencil case. History was probably one of my favourite lessons. There was so much to learn and it was incredibly interesting. Well to me atleast.

My pen scribbled at record speed on my page trying to keep up with sirs notes. By the time I had written half a page, Jax entered not so quietly.

He strode in confidently and walked towards my desk seems as he sits next to me. As he reaches his chair, what seems to be realisation and awkwardness flashes through his eyes.

I look at him confused but he turns his head to the side. I frown but carry on with my work. Why is he acting so strange?

At the end of the lesson Jax swiftly heads for the door but I reach out and grab his arm causing him to stop in his tracks.

"What's wrong, d-did I do S-something?" I ask nervously. He sighs and looks at me. "No you didn't do anything wrong I've just got a lot of things on my mind"

I nod and start walking with him through the corridors. We part ways when I reach the door to my next lesson. I wave goodbye and he nods awkwardly.

I sigh and head inside. When lunchtime comes around I walk to the cafeteria and get in line for the food.

Whilst waiting, my phone chimes in my back pocket. I get it out and see Archer had messaged me.

We had only met each other a couple of times, but I would like to call him my friend he's really funny and nice. The perfect definition of a friend!

We exchanged numbers and I have been messaging him ever since.

Cutie patootie 😍🤩:good afternoon azalea dearest. I have some incredible news for you 😆

My eyebrows scrunch at the name. I didn't change it to that? Ughh he must of changed it when he put his phone number in. For gods sake.

Azalea : what is this incredible news archer ? And why did you change your name to cutie patootie? 🤨

Cutie patootie 😍🤩: uhhh because I am a cutie patootie so please don't change it 🙄.And also I am joining your school tomorrow!