Chapter 29

Azalea Garcia

"Azalea, you're late for school!" Asters voice shouts from downstairs.

Oh shoot I didn't set my alarm!

I throw the duvet off of my legs with a sigh and hurry out of bed. Last nights sleep wasn't the greatest because surprise surprise I had a nightmare.

To be honest after speaking to Jax about my dad my nightmares have gotten less and less but I know they won't completely disappear from my memory.

I walk to my closet and search for a decent outfit. Seems as it's full blown winter now it's extremely cold.

I put on a pair of black leggings and my grey oversized hoodie

I put on a pair of black leggings and my grey oversized hoodie. I put on my sneakers and take my hair out of my braids.

I went inside the bathroom to brush my teeth. I then hurriedly put on some mascara, lipgloss and perfume and make my way downstairs.

"Good m-morning?" I say awkwardly to Aster who is stood with his keys in his hand waiting impatiently for me.

He sighs and hands me my toast on the way out of the front door. I sit myself in the passenger seat with my piece of toast shoved in my mouth.

My brother soon gets into the car, defrosts the windows and starts to drive. "Sorry f-for making you l-late" I say sheepishly munching on my breakfast.

"It's ok sis, I'm just a bit stressed with work but eh" he says nudging my shoulder. "Almost Christmas now" a big smile graces his face.

He's always been a lover for Christmas. I mean I love Christmas too but Aster has an unhealthy obsesssion with it.

"After school tomorrow do you want to put the Christmas tree up?" He asks. I nod enthusiastically and he grins.

"Oh erm t-the twins have a-asked us round for C-Christmas dinner so I was w-wondering if we could go?"

"Ye sure why not. It saves me cooking" he says making me laugh. We reach the familiar school gates and I give my brothers cheek a kiss before jumping out of the car.

I see Jax getting out the car so I sneak up behind him to supposedly scare him. He is scrolling on his phone walking away from his car.

I reach directly behind him ready to scare him. "Boo!" He shouts and spins around making me scream.

Wait a minute.

I was supposed to scare him not the other way round.

I pout and look up at him "I was supposed t-to scare y-you not you s-scare me" I whine.

He rolls his eyes and we walk into the school. "My b-brother said I-I could come to the twins h-house on Christmas" I say.

"Cool, does that mean you can still come with me afterwards" he asks.