Chapter 37

Azalea Garcia

A week has passed since the New Years party and we are now back at school unfortunately.

My dad has tried to 'speak to me and spend time with me' throughout this week but I've stood my ground.

Why should I give my time up for him.

He doesn't deserve any of my time.

"I had a really mad dream last night, like in my dream I was actually asleep in my bed and then I woke up and there was a man at the end of my bed on stilts who I found out was my dad." Archer confesses at the lunch table.

That wasn't confusing at all.

Ryder and Jax's look at him as if he's an idiot and Amelia just raises her eyebrows.

He's so random.

"That's interesting babe" Amelia says sighing. The bell rings signalling the end of lunch and we all get up from the table.

"What lesson do you have?" Amelia asks putting her bottle of water in her bag. I check my timetable on my phone.

"H-history" I sigh. I'm not in the mood for history, it's going to boggle my brain too much.

"Ew good luck I have maths though not much better" she also sighs and I smile.

Jax looks over towards me and signals his head towards the door. I walk over to Jax's and he places my hand in his as we walk to history.

"Fuck I can't be bothered with this shit lesson" he sighs.

Me and you both matey.

"I know what w-will uplift y-your spirits" I say emphasising the 'uplift your spirits' part.

He looks down at me and smiles "And what could that possibly be princess?" he asks. I think for a second.

"I will buy y-you some ice c-cream after school?" I ask hopefully. Please please please say yes I really want ice cream.

"Hmmm" he draws out and I wait impatiently. Jeez yes or no it's not rocket science.

"Yes of course" he replies after like an hour. He's such a winder upper. Is that a word? Yes? No? Oh well it is now.

I grin. Rocky road is calling for me. We head inside the classroom and take a seat as sir is writing the title on the board.

By the looks of things we are doing about the Treaty of Versailles. I write the title in my book and try and make this lesson go as fast as possible.

Seems as Jax's is sat next to me, I noticed him put an AirPod in his ear.

Radio rebel over here.

Ooh rhymed.

"Do you wanna listen?" He asks and I reluctantly nod. He hands me one of his AirPods and plays his music.

He was listening to 'Pink + white' by frank ocean.

Not too shabby.

I continue writing in my book as Jax's just sits there tapping his pen on the desk. The hour takes what felt like an eternity but thankfully the bell rings.

I've never gotten out of my seat so fast.

I grab Jax's hand and waste no time rushing out of the room. "Jeez Azalea the ice cream parlour isn't going to run off" he chuckles.

I glare at him. I had to endure a lesson of him tapping his pen on the table, whilst craving ice cream there's no time for jokes.

"I'm h-hangry" I grit out and he nods his head abruptly and shuts up.