Part XXVIII

"Paimon is tired~"

Paimon whined for the— who knows how many times. "and hungry too!" she said.

"You just ate like 5 minutes ago, and that was Mr.Xavier's snacks" Aether said, pinching Paimon's cheeks.

"It's just snacks! Not a full meal!" Paimon said. "By the way, we only walk for like 15 minutes" Aether said. "Seeing them argue like that is kinda enjoyable" Venti said, smiling to himself as he watch the two argues but it mostly Aether scolding Paimon.

"Well, it sure does but if Paimon is really that hungry, we can stop and make ourselves some lunch" (Name) said. "Outdoor cooking won't be enough for a little fairy like her, dove" Venti said.

"She has the stomach of a bottomless pit or a secretly a glutton from the deadly sins but she can't beat the actual sin of Gluttony since they eat like everything" he said.

"But eating outside in the wild is not that bad, I did promised the two of them a picnic a few weeks ago~ yup! Sure I did" Venti said, popping out his tongue.

(Name) just smiles at the shorter male, she turns to Xavier and tugs on his sleeve. "Xavier, we can rest here for a while. Can you make something for us to eat?" she asked the butler.

"Gladly so, my mistress. I'm very much hungry myself" Xavier chuckled, "Oh, can you get me some apples! Mine already got eaten by that one" Venti said, giving the butler puppy eyes before shooting a small glare at Paimon that happens to heard him.

"That one? Seriously, Tone-deaf bard!" Paimon shouted.

(Name) shakes her head as she looks up at the tall mountains, her eyes spotted a figure that disappear when she blinks.

"Hm" she hummed.

"Is there something the matter?" Aether asked, standing besides the woman. "Oh, I thought I saw something, maybe it's just my imagination" (Name) said as she turns to Aether, "Aether, can you help me set up a campfire? It will make Xavier's work much easier" she said.

"Sure!" Aether smiled as he went off to search some woods.

.

.

.

.

Xiao's POV

.

.

"She's....here..."

.

.

"She's finally here..."

.

I mumbled under my breath, I just happen to take a stroll a few minutes ago. I sensed the Anemo Archon's presence, I went to take a look and never would have thought that I would meet her again. 

.

She's beautiful as ever. My face heats up when she look at my direction. Her doe like eyes, staring at me and I teleport away like a madman.....away from her gaze.

Like Albert had said, she will be heading to Wangshu Inn. So I went back to the inn.

.

.

Third Person POV

The moment Xiao teleport himself back to the inn, he spooks the owner of the inn that is known as Verr Goldet. Her cat happen to be spooked by its master's small scream, since it was having a small nap.

"Xiao, you scared me..." she mumbled, "I'll never get use to you appearing out of nowhere" she said.

But she receive no reply from the yaksha, knowing she rarely get any aside a hum, a nod or nothing.