Part XXXI

Loneliness....

The sense of yearning....

Something within in the dragon's heart that is fill with empty void. Ever since Guizhong have gone, he couldn't accept her passing.

He wasn't strong enough to protect his very first friend. The one that stood by his side and taught him the meaning of life all around him.

He kept those feelings within him, trying to forget the pass and move one with his life but he couldn't.

Not until he met her.

A mere spirit that have been chosen by the Celestials to be a goddess and the first ever to wield the Light Vision. She may be not an archon but still wields a strong power. A power that can cure and purify.

She made him feel whole, a new person. Everything about her reminded him of Guizhong, even though she isn't her. He befriend her, they spend time together as friends. Everytime both of them are together, it felt like they knew each other for a very long time.

Morax knew that he is only a good friend to her eyes. He envy Barbatos, the God of Wind able to have the goddess wrapped around his little fingers.

If Morax were there instead of Barbatos, how would the story goes?

It is a fantasy that Morax could never have.

.

.

.

.

.

Aether and the group are already in the VIP room, Paimon is sitting on the highchair, mumbling to herself. "Where is Master Zhongli? Paimon's hungry~" Paimon whined.

"It's unusual for Master Zhongli, he always be here first to greet us" Aether said. True, Zhongli will never be late and always be on time when it comes to something like this.

"Well, we will wait for a while. If he doesn't come, we can go and look for him" (Name) said. Aether nod in agreement. "I will do it, finding him won't be a problem" Aether said. "We will look for him together, we can't let you do all the work, Aether. You've done a lot" (Name) said.

Aether couldn't help but smile at the (h/c) haired woman. "Thank you, Mrs. (Name)" he said.

"Probably he ran into something that distracted him. He's a blockhead after all" Venti said, smiling to himself. He pour himself a glass of wine and takes a sip out of it. Probably it his tenth glass.

"and you are still the same as ever, Barbatos" a voice said.

Everyone turn their heads to the voice to see Zhongli standing at the door. In a simple brown and amber coloured hanfu, "Ah block— I mean, Morax! It's been a while!" Venti said, waving at the brown haired man.

Although he was ignore by the Geo Archon as the first archon eyes set on the (h/c) haired woman sitting next to the Anemo Archon.

"(Name)" he said, her name slips out from his tongue smoothly. "It is great to see you again, Morax" (Name) smiles at the Geo Archon. Zhongli gives her his most gentleman smile that could swoon any women.

The ex-archon walk over to the female and takes her hand, as he plants a gentle kiss on her knuckles though his lips lingers there for a moment.

Too long for Venti's liking.

"Well, I think that's too long!" Venti said, getting in between them. Forcefully separate Zhongli from his wife, as much it is a such gentleman way to greet a woman but it's a no-no to this Anemo Archon.