Someone To Talk To | Blue Pearl X Reader

You saw her in your art class at little homeschool. She was always quiet and tended to keep to herself. Was she feeling okay, or maybe she's just shy?

You couldn't help but feel the need to go and talk to her. What if she felt lonely? That wouldn't do at all.

She was, in fact, somewhat lonely. Due to her introverted nature she didn't approach anyone to talk, meaning they would have to approach her first, which not many did.

Her Diamond was close to her of course, along with Yellow Pearl, but apart from them, she did not have many she felt she could talk to.

You waited until after class. You planned on talking to her alone, assuming she wasn't one for big crowds.

"Y/n? Y/n!" Vidalia's shouting pulled you from your thoughts... You had been staring at her... that Blue Pearl. You blushed realising what you were doing.

"S-sorry! Just got distracted!" You responded.

"Distracted eh?" Vidalia asked as she gave a teasing smirk and a raised brow. "STARS, SHE WAS ONTO ME!" You grimaced in your mind.

You simply looked down at your work, also hiding your blush behind the canvas.

From the corner of your eye you saw her again... the Pearl. She had her hand to her mouth and— was she giggling? At me?!

Feeling your heart beat quicken, you turned your head back and kept your head down in your work.

After a dreadfully long lesson, feeling like it lasted a whole lot longer than usual, Vidalia finally called the class off. This was your chance.

She was quick to pack her equipment away and started heading off away from the campus. You caught up to her, walking up just behind.

"Hey." You said, trying to keep your tone down as to not startle her too much.

Despite your efforts you could still see her jolt and freeze for a moment before stopping to face you. "Oh, uhm..." She mumbled before curtsying.

"Woah, no need to be so formal. Let's just start with names and a handshake, huh?" You reassured with a smile and stuck out your hand.

She lifted her hand up slightly but hesitated for a moment before gently placing her hand in yours. "I am just a Pearl... most call me Blue Pearl so it's easier to differentiate..." She greeted quietly.

You did most of the hand shaking as her actions were so soft you could barely notice them.

"Y/n L/n. It's a pleasure to finally speak to you, I've been meaning to for a while." You said, letting go of her hand, which quickly returned to her side.

She brought her hands in front of her and you could see her fidgeting with her fingers. "You... wanted to talk to me?" Blue Pearl asked timidly.

"Well, you're always really quiet. I was unsure if you felt lonely or were just shy." You explained with a nervous smile, rubbing the back of your neck.

"I've always been quiet... I hope it does not bother you." Pearl answered, sounding somewhat defeated and had her head tilted to face the ground.

"Not at all! Actually it's kinda... endearing." You reassured her, with a bright grin. To your surprise she gave you a small smile too. It was small, but you could see the small curve at the corner of her lips.

"Thank you very much." She said.

"Do you mind if we keep talking? You seem really nice, plus I've got nowhere else to be." You proposed.

"That does sound pleasant... I must return to Homeworld and to My Diamond however. You can accompany me on the walk to the Warp Pad if that isn't a bother." She explained with a quick bow of her head.

"Sure! I'd love to!" You agreed with a smile.

You began your walk back with Pearl. The Warp Pad was at the centre of the campus here, so it wasn't long at all.

"So you've just been serving Blue Diamond this whole time?" You asked.

"Yes... I have not known anything else." Blue Pearl admitted with a small frown.

"Whenever you're free I'll always be here! When we have more time I can show you around a bit! Just you and me!" You cheered with starry eyes.

Blue Pearl turned her head away from yours, seemingly avoiding your eyes, not that you could really see hers. Her cheeks turned a darker blue... is that how gems blush?!

"Huh, didn't know gems could blush." You giggled.

Pearl became increasingly embarrassed as her blush spread across her face, she tried to cover it with her tiny hands.

"Aww, don't worry about it, it was cute." You reassure, trying to calm her down so she didn't feel uncomfortable.

She just nodded as she turned her attention to the Warp Pad. "I— should really get going..." She muttered.

"See you in classes next week?" You asked, slightly sad your conversation would be cut short.

Pearl nodded.

"And... I might take you up on your offer before..." She whispered, before turning and stepping onto the Warp Pad.

You perked up immediately, happy to hear she wanted to speak to you again and that you weren't just freaking her out the whole time.

"Wait... oh I'm starting to have a crush on her aren't I?!" You groaned in your own head.

"It was... what is the word... 'fun' speaking to you Y/n. See you soon." Pearl said with a faint blush and a tiny smile, before raising her hand to wave at you.

"And I'd love to do it again! See ya!" You yelled, waving back quickly as the blue gem was encompassed in the light of the Warp Pad.

"I have to wait the whole weekend to see her again? Ugh..."

Pearl had entered her Diamond's chambers after she returned to Homeworld, ready to act out any orders as usual.

"Someone looks happy. Did something happen on Earth, Pearl? Blue Diamond asked.

"I just... met someone is all..." Pearl muttered, glancing away to hide her rising blush.

Blue Diamond smirked at her, not asking any more questions because she already knew what had happened. "Pearl." She said.

"Yes, My Diamond?"

"You have what the humans call a 'weekend off'. You may return to Earth." Blue Diamond stated, catching Pearl off guard.

Pearl was only shocked for a moment before her lips curved into a wide smile. "Oh, thank you, My Diamond!" Pearl cheered happily as she turned rapidly, rushing back to the Warp Pad.

Having been lurking around the Warp Pad deciding what to do now, you turned around when the sound of it went off again.

You were greeted by a soft weight against you, almost toppling you over. "Y/n!" Pearl called out.

"Pearl?!" You asked in a pleasant shock.

She clung to you tightly and tilted her head up to look at you. "I have been granted some time off." She said with a smile.

You stared back at her and returned the smile. "Well, what're we waiting for?! I've got so much to show you!" You cheered.

Pearl responded with a quick and enthusiastic nod, before letting you go from the hug.

You grabbed her hand in yours, to which she gladly accepted.

"Let's hurry!" You yelled happily, pulling Pearl along with you, who was hurrying to keep up the pace. She was giggling the whole journey.

"Thank you, Y/n." She said.

"What for?" You asked back.

"Speaking to me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~