Picnic Date | Diamonds X Reader

You were lying on the beach, having spent the morning with Steven and the Gems.

You were quite enjoying the peace. Despite closed eyes, you could still tell how bright it was out today. You also rather enjoyed the slow and steady sounds of water washing up just a few metres away from your feet.

However... soon the light from the sun was obscured. as a large shadow overtook the beach. You kept your eyes closed though, assuming it was just a cloud overhead... that was until...

"Uhhh Y/n?" Steven called out worryingly. Why was he worried?

Opening your eyes, and taking off the sunglasses you glanced up to...

"WHAT IS THAT?!" You yelped, scrambling up from your seat and rushing over to the gems side.

It was a large metallic... robot? With colours white, blue and yellow... oh... it must be...

"Is that—" You began to ask but were cut off by Steven.

"The diamonds, yep." Steven replied monotonously with a deadpan face, sounding so done with the Diamonds antics.

Glancing back up to the ship, a large, white, spherical ball appeared from White's ship, and began its descent down to the ground next to you on the beach.

"Oh Y/n~" You heard White cheer. Oh boy...

The white orb soon dispersed, releasing the familiar towering giants. White, Blue and Yellow Diamond.

You raised your hand and waved nervously. "Uh h-hi." You muttered.

Blue walked over to you and crouched down. "Oh, look at you, just as cute as the last time we met." She cooed, and placed her hand in front of you.

You glanced at her hand and back to her face, she looked on reassuringly. Shrugging, you stepped onto her hand as she raised it.

"S-so why are you all even here?" You asked.

"We're here to see you, silly." Blue giggled.

"Me?" You replied.

"These two thought it would be a good idea to spend some time with you. You did help us with that human ritual last time, so you could teach them some more." Yellow explained.

"It wasn't just us, Yellow. You wanted to come too! Admit it, you missed them!" Blue teased.

Yellow's cheeks darkened and she turned away with a huff, crossing her arms. "Did not." She mumbled under her breath.

"Enough you two, we do not have forever." White chastised with a flick of her wrist. "Now human, we have come to accompany you on a... oh what did the Pearl's call it?"

"I believe it was called a date." Blue reminded.

"A date! Yes! We would like to accompany you on a date!"

"A—a— A DATE?!" You yelped. "I really did get myself into something, huh?" You thought to yourself.

Gulping, you started again. "Y-yeah, sure. But if we're gonna go together, you'll have to shrink down again." You reasoned, receiving a look of disgust from Yellow.

Blue and White smiled and nodded at each other before Blue set you down and the two began glowing and shrinking down to just above your height. White then glared up at Yellow. "You know you want to~" Blue cooed.

"I don't want to... but if I must..." Yellow sighed, following the others and shrinking down.

Blue ran up and grabbed onto your arm. "So where are we going to go?" She asked sweetly.