20 | moving forward

RUNNING AWAY FROM the place he called home, Singto didn't waste a second to find the answers he's been longing for a long time

RUNNING AWAY FROM the place he called home, Singto didn't waste a second to find the answers he's been longing for a long time. He ignored all the noises coming from the vehicles in the street, and waiting for the traffic light to turn green seems like an eternity.

"It's still six in the morning, Krist. Though my mom isn't here, you should not be here this early. Tell me, are you that excited to spend time with me?" Singto asked, opening the front door just to see his soon-to-be boyfriend in casual attire.

Singto needs to get to the other side of the city. But the busy street seems like an enemy to him, and finding his way out of the crowd took him forever. The tears streamed down his cheeks as he fell multiple times in the street, begging that fate would stop playing with his life- it's no fun to deal with fate after all.

"If my answer to your question is yes, what will you do? Just like what you've said, your mom isn't here, right?" Krist asked, smirking while melting Singto by his stare.

His hand turned red as Singto tightened the grip on Kit's or whoever's the owner of the journal. Singto's mind became empty, crossing road after road until he saw the familiar building across the street.

"I love how your mind works, Krist. Sad to say, I have to cut this conversation short and just come into my humble home. Make yourself at home while I'll go and take a cold shower." Singto winked before making his way upstairs.

Counting the seconds left before he could cross the street, Singto nervously bit his lower lip. A soft hissed left his mouth, wiping the corner of his mouth as he tasted the blood from a fresh wound. He groaned in annoyance at how his day turned out to be unlucky each second passed.

"Make sure to take good care of yourself while I'm gone. If you're bored, you can call over Kit. I love you, but please, no sex in the living room." Krist chuckled upon reading the note left by Singto's mother on the fridge.

Singto began to walk along with the crowd as the traffic light turned green. A piece of his lost memories came flashing in his mind, and he was left standing in the middle of the street.

"Kit," Krist said as he saw Singto walking down the stairs after doing his morning routine. "She's been calling me Kit every time, and now, she wrote Kit on the note. Why does she keep on calling me Kit?"

Car horns filled the area, making Singto come back from his senses. Walking away in the middle of the street was the first thing he did as fear took over his body. The situation made him vulnerable, and he doesn't like it, even a bit.

"The night after asking your name, I came out from my mother and told her about you. I was nervous because I never once imagine myself telling my mother that I'm gay-"

Singto walked away from the crowd as the busy street suffocates him again. He settled down by the staircase as he realized that his feet are about to give up. Slouching a little bit, Singto breathes through his mouth while letting his heart calmed down from constantly running.