15 | searching again

"THE GOOD NEWS is that Singto can go home tomorrow and shall visit the hospital on every date indicated on that paper

"THE GOOD NEWS is that Singto can go home tomorrow and shall visit the hospital on every date indicated on that paper. But you need to be more careful with your health and limit any exhausting activities, or you might come back here again for good. You don't want that, am I right?"

"I can finally go home?" Singto glanced at his mother, almost screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Yes," Dr. Nammon replied, giving another piece of paper to his patient.

"What is this?"

"I told you that you need to be mindful of your health. These are the dos and don'ts, and please listen to your mother."

"Of course," Singto sweetly smiled at his mother.

"Before I'll dismiss you, we need to talk about something important. I need your full trust in me, and I want complete honesty in you. We can agree on this, right?"

Dr. Nammon nodded at Singto's mother before she exited the office. Singto started to feel nervous, fully aware why the doctor wanted to talk to him in private. With all the observations and test results this past few days, Singto knew the consequences of his actions, mostly letting his desire to talk to his dead lover.

The doctor spun the pen in his hand, staring at his patient while Singto wanted to run and hide from the world. What's the point of talking if the doctor would think he's crazy? Maybe this day marked the end of his life- or maybe he's just overthinking things at the moment.

"Let's start," Dr. Nammon broke the silence, clasping his hands on the table. "I would like to ask you about this guy named Krist. Is it okay with you, Singto?"

"W-What about Krist?"

"Do you remember anything about him?" The doctor asked, observing every move made by Singto.

"He's my boyfriend," Singto bit his lower lip, stopping himself to feel sadness all over again. "But I don't remember everything about him. I know he's Tay and Off's childhood friend, and when he was six, his family migrated to New York. Krist's my first and last love, and we promised to meet in another life as the car almost hit the ground."

He retrieved the memories of the accident wherein Krist was about to confess something to him that night. To make things right, Singto wished upon the shooting star to fulfill their promise with each other. Distance wouldn't be a hindrance because he's willing to travel the whole world just to find Krist and continue their love story in another life.

Nothing can stop two broken souls from meeting again. It may sound cliché, but they wanted to have a real happy ending someday, somewhere in this world.

"Do you still love him?"

"As I said earlier, he's my first and last love. No one can replace him in my heart," Singto pointed to his aching chest and weakly smiled at the doctor. "I may not remember our history, but deep inside me is longing for something, someone. I couldn't feel pain or cry my eyes out when I learned about his death, but when my memories came back, it's like my emotions came back, too. It crashed me so hard, to the point I felt numb."