07 | raindrops falling

READING THE BUCKET list for the nth time, Singto wanted to bump his head on the glass window

READING THE BUCKET list for the nth time, Singto wanted to bump his head on the glass window. It's already four in the morning, and staying awake wasn't in his plan. But he couldn't sleep while his desire to read the whole journal was stirring him up all night.

While looking outside the window, Singto noticed that the loud thunderstorm and the annoying lightning were gone. All he could hear in the room is the sound of raindrops, and it's like a piece of music in his ear.

When was the last time he enjoyed the rain? Of course, he couldn't remember. But Singto hated the rainy season, and every time it rained, he locked himself in his room and slept throughout the day.

Today is different as Singto felt the urge to complete the second bucket list and enjoy the rain by himself. After an hour of doing nothing, his mother barged into the room. She's worried about his son, and what broke her heart the most is that she couldn't do anything to lessen the suffering.

But she just couldn't afford to watch his son suffer alone.

"How are you feeling?" She asked the moment their eyes met.

"I'm fine, nothing to worry about," He replied and avoided her gaze.

"You didn't sleep- why?"

"It's the thunderstorm,"

"The thunderstorm is the reason why I'm worried about you and why I'm worried you haven't gotten any sleep."

"I'm not a kid anymore, and I can take care of myself- it's just a thunderstorm."

"You hated thunderstorms, the lightning, the rainy season in general. This is my first time to see you enjoying the rain, and you're even close to the window, not in the bed covered in sheets while sleeping."

"Maybe I just realized that rain is something to enjoy once in a lifetime?"

"I hope so," Singto's mom smiled as she walked closer to her son. "Doctor Nammon informed me that you don't have any appointments today. You should rest, or do you want me to call your friends over?"

"I'll just rest," Singto took a final glance at her mother before going to bed.

They have their lives to attend to, and I don't want to burden them anyway. Singto said in his mind before going to dreamland.

***

"I'M WORRIED ABOUT him," Gun said, currently on a video chat with New while eating their lunch together.

"The nurse stationed outside his room mentioned that he's been talking to himself. Remember when he told us that he saw Krist? Is this connected to that? I think I'm going insane right now, Gun."

"You're not alone on this, New. He wanted to talk about Krist yesterday, and I didn't know what to say. I think the cancer is affecting his recovery in retrieving back his memories. It's been a month and a few days since the accident, and no signs of him remembering us, most especially Krist."