42| Epilogue

Chapter 42: Epilogue (Ace's POV)

"Don't run! Don't run, Chase!" 

He slowed down to a halt, looking at Gianna over his shoulder, pouting. 

"You could fall and get hurt, don't run," she shook her head while walking up to him, offering her hand. He grabbed onto it and they both walked over to the pool where I already was with Grace. Gianna went to grab the arm floats that belonged to Chase but he was already stepping into the water. 

I nodded, "Hmm, yeah. Go ahead," I said sarcastically. "Where are your arm floats, sir?" 

He gasped, his eyes going wide. 

I laughed while Gianna walked over to him and slid them on for him. "Off you go," she smiled, ruffling his hair. Gianna lowered herself into the water, swimming over to where I stood, holding Grace tightly. "Hubs." 

"Yes, wife?" 

"Isn't Grace too young to be in the water. We didn't bring Chase into the pool for a long time." 

"But nobody's home. And I'm holding onto her, don't worry." 

Gianna ran her fingers over Grace's cheeks, cooling down her flushing skin. 

Everything changed when we had Chase. I toned everything down at work to keep my son safe and as he got older, I started easing things back to normal. He's still very young, considering he's only five years old, but he understands the rules now. Wear the seatbelt in the car, listening to the bodyguard that's sent with you and your mother, don't answer any men who ask about your daddy. And then eight months ago, we had Grace. And now I slowed things down again at work for her safety and to make things easier for Gianna. 

I try not going to work every single day, I only go three days a week now, and the rest I spend helping Gianna take care of our kids. Chase is a handful. When he was younger, we would think taking care of a baby was difficult, but he's now at that age where breaking things seems fun and every neat and tidy room is a mess once he enters it. And compared to that, taking care of Grace seems easy.