5

Phoenix

I grabbed Jasper's hand while he drove, feeling fear creep into my thoughts. He squeezed my hand, calming me and my wild thoughts. When we made it to a hotel in Arizona, I sat with Jasper, trying to look into James' future. Nothing was working, and just as I was about to give up out of frustration, a vision hit me hard.

"What is it?" Jasper asked, grabbing my hand. "What do you see?"

"James," I stated, looking around in my vision. "He's changed his course."

"Where will it take him, Josie?" Jasper asked, moving beside me.

"Mirrors," I muttered, feeling Jasper place a pencil in my hand. "A room full of mirrors."

Jasper guided my hand down toward a piece of paper, and I began to draw what I saw.

"Edward said the visions weren't always certain." Bella sounded.

"She sees the course people are on while they're on it." Jasper began to explain. "If they change their minds, the vision changes. Very rarely are her visions wrong."

"Okay, so the course that the tracker's on now is going to lead him to a ballet studio?" Bella asked. My sight returned to me and I looked at Bella.

"You've been here?" I asked, dropping the pencil.

"I took lessons as a kid." Bella confirmed. "The school I went to had an arch just like that."

"Was your school here in Phoenix?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah." Bella nodded. She answered her vibrating phone while I turned to Jasper.

"I have a bad feeling about this whole situation, Jasper." I muttered, trying to keep my voice from being heard by Bella. Jasper wrapped his arms around me and pulled me toward him.

"Try not to worry, darling." Jasper suggested. I nodded, nuzzling further into his neck.

"That was Edward." Bella sounded. "He's on his way with Carlisle and Emmett. He said Rosalie and Esme are going to protect Charlie."

"We should go, find somewhere we can protect you without risking the lives of humans." I said, pulling away from Jasper. "Pack your bags, Bella. We'll go check out."

"Yeah, okay." Bella agreed. I grabbed the bag Jasper and I brought and left the room, Jasper trailing behind me. He took the bag from my hand and replaced it with his own hand.

"We'll be alright." He said, kissing my temple. As we waited to check out of the hotel, we quietly discussed where we were going to go, and how we would keep Bella safe. Jasper reassured me that we would be more than enough to keep Bella out of harm's way until Edward got here, making me feel ten times better about the situation.

After explaining our brief departure to an employee, Jasper and I went upstairs to go get Bella. However, just before we entered the stairwell, I caught Bella's scent.

"Jasper, she's gone." I stated, following the scent outside.

"What?" He asked, following behind me.

"Get her things, put them in the car. I'm going to-"

"We're going together, Josie." Jasper stated, grabbing my hand and pulling me back up to the room.

"I told you I had a bad feeling. Where did she go?" I started to panic.

"I didn't smell James, so she had to have left on her own." Jasper said, pushing open the hotel room door. He quickly grabbed Bella's things while I called Edward.