Party

During the summer before another senior year of high school, Jasper and I decided to travel up north. After we got married, Jasper and I built a home in the snowy mountains of Alaska. Neither of us minded the cold, considering we couldn't really feel it, and we liked not having to hide from the sun. In the snowy mountains, glittering under the sunlight can look like blinding snow from far enough away, so we felt comfortable to free roam around our home.

Once summer was over, we reluctantly returned to the dreary town of Forks. If we didn't have to keep up appearances for Bella's father and her friends, I would have convinced Jasper that we could stay in Alaska for a few years. However, I didn't want Bella to feel abandoned, so we had to go back.

The first day of senior year was just like any other; old friends greeted each other fondly and new students wandered the halls with their eyes glued to their schedules. Jasper and I watched the students pile into the parking lot from the top of the stairs outside.

"Let's get inside." Jasper suggested, pulling me into the school. I huffed playfully, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I really wish we could have stayed in Alaska." I whined, letting Jasper pull me upstairs to our lockers.

"But then how would you give Bella her gift?" Jasper teased with a smile. At this, I perked up with a grin.

"You're right." I smiled, looking into Bella's immediate future, seeing that she was a few minutes from coming into the school. "She's almost here."

"Let's drop our things off and go greet her." Jasper said, taking my purse for me. He put the purse in his locker, closing it with a smile.

"Let's go!" I squealed, pulling him back down the stairs. I caught sight of the birthday girl and called her name, hopping over the railing of the stairs. I heard Jasper laugh lightly as he walked down the rest of the stairs normally.

"Happy birthday!" I called, pulling Bella into a hug. She shushed me over the ringing school bell, making me smile sheepishly as I handed her the gift I saw her fall in love with.

"I thought I said no presents." Bella whined, taking the gift from me.

"But I've already seen you open it, and guess what," I beamed. "You love it! You're going to wear it tonight, our place."

Bella stayed silent, making me pout slightly at the brunette.

"Come on, please?" I asked. "It will be fun!"

"Okay, all right." Bella agreed.

"Great!" I cheered. "Okay, I'll see you at 7."

I turned to Jasper and all but ran into his arms, excited about the party we're going to have tonight. Jasper wrapped an arm around me with a smile, feeding off of my excitement.

"Jasper," Bella called. "No fair with the mood control thing."

"Sorry, Bella." Jasper apologized with a smile. "Happy..."

Bella sighed, making Jasper stop.

"Never mind." He said, guiding me to our shared class.

====

I was putting up a few last minute decorations with the help of my family members. Emmett and Jasper stood on opposite ends of the room, putting flowers into tall vases while Rose, Esme, and Carlisle put the finishing touches on the tables. I adjusted my dress one last time before I clapped my hands together.

"Thank you." I smiled at my family. "I know I'm a handful, but I just want this to be perfect for Bella."

Jasper smiled at me and shook his head.