Chapter Twenty-One, Morgana's Birthday

For the first time Merlyn didn't mind having to work at a feast, serving drunken Lords, Knights and other such people of high standing as this feast was for Morgana and she could keep a close eye on her if she was working. She changed out of her green dress and into a mauve coloured one with a white underdress, brushed and re-plait her hair once again. When she was finally finished she left her room to join Gwaine and Gaius in the main room who were waiting for her.
"Are you working tonight?" Gwaine asked with a frown, as Merlyn came down the steps.
"Morgana requested it and of course Uther can't say no to her. Even if Arthur didn't want me to beat her and rushed, his father would see her as she is." Merlyn replied, rolling her eyes as she kissed her Uncle's cheek and then kissed Gwaine's cheek.

"Uther changes his mind like the wind, Gwaine." Gaius said, as he finished off the last of his work. He didn't feel the same way for his old friend anymore, not since nothing was done to the thugs who had hurt his niece. Whether they were posing as Knights or not. "It's best to bear that in mind."
"I'll do that." Gwaine replied with a scowl upon his face. "How're you feeling Merlyn bird?"
"Better. Arthur isn't getting Morgana what I saw in the Crystal so-" Merlyn said happily.
"So you can relax." Gaius interrupted. "Right we better get going. Wouldn't do to be late." Gaius said, putting down his work and linking his arms with his niece as she did with Gwaine making her giggle at the two.

As they entered the banquet hall upbeat music was playing and the hall was decorated in lovely bright colours, and flower ornaments covered the long tables that the Knights, Lords and Ladies were sitting with Uther sat at the top table with Arthur and Morgana sat on either side of him.
"I'll see you later." Merlyn said, kissing Gaius's cheek and Gwaine's cheek softly, before she went over to Gwen and the other servants, gathering platters of food and jugs of ale, wine and mead to place on the long table. Once everyone's cups were full, everyone of the high standing stood up and made a toast to Morgana; Gaius and Gwaine doing so reluctantly, not that anyone noticed except for Merlyn obviously.

As Merlyn went up the table refilling drinks she kept a subtle eye on what presents Morgana received, especially when Arthur gave her a loving look before he nodded to a Knight heading towards Morgana with a sumptuous chest. As Morgana opened the chest and pulled out the very dagger she had seen in the Crystals: everything seemed to freeze as Merlyn's heartbeat increased rapidly. And causing Arthur to frown as that wasn't what he had ordered and bright for Morgana's birthday! What the hell was going on!?