Chapter Five, Meeting Kilgharrah

Weeks had passed since Morgana joined forces with Morgause and Cenred to bring down Camelot, only to be thwarted by Merlyn once again. During those weeks Arthur and Merlyn had grown even closer if that was possible. They had just finished having a wonderful picnic and had to, unfortunately, return to Camelot as Arthur had patrolled with Sir Leon and some other Knights, and Merlyn had errands to run for Gaius. Arthur had made it a regular thing, taking Merlyn on picnics by the river, and they both loved every minute of it. As they couldn't spend much time as just them and be alone together without their roles interfering or people becoming suspicious, they took what they could get and soaked up every moment of it.
"This has been lovely. Thank you Arthur." Merlyn said as she kissed his cheek.

"Are you sure you don't want me to ride with you back to Camelot?" Arthur asked.
"No, I'll be fine." Merlyn assured. "Besides, you're already late for patrol and need to meet Sir Leon and the others at the South Gate."
"I guess you're right." Arthur sighed sadly before he stole a quick kiss from her lips. "I shall see you later." Arthur said before he took off. Merlyn watched him go for a moment with a soft smile upon her lips, before she shook her head laughing at his ridiculousness and headed back to Camelot herself but through the main entrance.

***

Later that evening Merlyn was in Arthur's chambers delivering him his dinner when he made a rather strange request.
"Can I meet the dragon?" He asked startling Merlyn, causing her to drop the water jug, which had thankfully been empty.
"What?" She asked, wondering if she hadn't heard him properly.
"Can I meet the Great Dragon?" Arthur repeated himself after swallowing the bite of food he just took.
"Why would you want to meet Kilgharrah?" Merlyn asked, confused and wondering if he'd hit his head on patrol. Yes he's known about their destiny and her magic for nearly a month now; but she never thought he'd make such a strange request.

"Because he's your kin, Merlyn, and he saved your life a few weeks ago. So I want to thank him. And.... I want to apologise to him for my father locking him up for twenty years." Arthur admitted.
"Yep. I was right, you hit your head on patrol." Merlyn said jokingly, well half jokingly.
"Merlyn!" Arthur said firmly. "What're you worried about?" He asked, wrapping his arm around her waist.
"Well, the last time you two saw each other, you were both trying to kill each other." Merlyn said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Fine." Merlyn sighed after a few minutes of silence. "And stop using those puppy dog eyes on me." She scolded.
"Why? When they work so well." Arthur teased. "Okay," Arthur said, raising his hands in the air in surrender when he saw her glare. "I'll stop. When are we meeting him? Tonight?"