Chapter Six, Goblin's Gold Part 1

Things had been rather quiet in the weeks since the attack on Camelot, and it rather put Merlyn on edge and nothing Arthur or Gaius said could change that. It felt like she was waiting for the other shoe to drop.
"Merlyn, take this to the library please and bring me back this book. If you cannot find it I'm sure Geoffrey will help you." Gaius said as he handed over a slip of parchment that had the book's name on it. Reading it over Merlyn couldn't help the small smile that came to her face; she loved going to the library when she could or reading one of the numerous books lying around their chambers, it helped her understand the art of healing better. She found that if she understood the body better, how it functioned and how you could heal it, she was able to use the healing spells better and help Gaius in his physician duties.

"I'll be back in a bit, Gaius." Merlyn said before she left the chambers humming to herself. She was startled when she realised she was in front of the large library on the East side of the castle, she had been so lost in thought it seemed she had walked automatically towards the library. Shaking her head Merlyn opened the heavy double wooden doors and entered the library seeing Geoffrey sitting behind a desk in the middle of the room reading something.
"Good morning Geoffrey." Merlyn greeted as she walked up to him.
"Good morning Merlyn." Geoffrey greeted, once he'd finished reading. "What can I do for you today?" He asked kindly.
"Gaius asked me to get The Bestiary of Gwilym of Cambria." Merlyn replied.

"'The Bestiary?' I'm sorry Merlyn, but I haven't seen that for many years." Geoffrey apologised. "But it'll be somewhere in the East Wing. Though I have no idea where."
"Okay, thank you." Merlyn sighed but kept a polite smile on her face. Trust Gaius to ask for a book that not even Geoffrey, who ran the library, had seen in years. She headed off to her left and started searching for the missing book. After a while of searching she came across an aisle that was half shrouded in darkness and the books on the shelves were covered in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs, obviously they have not been touched for an extremely long time.
"If the book is going to be anywhere it's going to be down here." Merlyn muttered to herself as she walked down the aisle searching the large numerous shelves.