Chapter Twenty-Six, Water of Avalon

When they were finally crossing the border into Camelot Arthur turned towards Merlyn and Gwaine.
"Now, listen, you need to think of a cover story, as no one can know you were both there." Arthur said sternly.
"We were in Ealdor visiting my mother. If anyone asks, don't worry Arthur." Merlyn assured, kissing his cheek. "Now, can we please get to Camelot." Merlyn asks, spurring her horse on faster.
"When you want to marry her you'll need my blessing." Gwaine said sternly, glaring at Arthur. "You will also need her mother's, Hunith's, Gaius's and no doubt Leon's. But know this Arthur, you may be the future King and a royal princess but you hurt her and I'll end you." Gwaine threatened.
"I understand but I swear to you, Gwaine, I'd never hurt Merlyn." Arthur promised.
"See that you don't." was the last thing Gwaine said before taking off after his sister.

***

After they had to stop at the Council Chambers to welcome Arthur home, Merlyn headed back to her chambers with Gaius, Gwaine and Arthur (when he could slip away) and could finally have a nice hot bath and change of clothes.
"Merlyn, come sit." Gaius said, as Merlyn came out from behind the screen freshly bathed and dressed in a clean dress. "Gwaine tells me you've had quite the journey."
"Tell me about it." Merlyn sighed, taking a seat at the table and sipping at her tea.
Gaius picked up the vial of water examining it. "It's from the Lake of Avalon?" He asked curiously.
"That's what he told me." Merlyn confirmed.

"Interesting." Gaius hummed.
"Really?" Merlyn asked.
"Well, it must have some significance." Gaius said, handing it back to her.
"Do you believe his warnings, Gaius?" Merlyn asked.
"Well, we already know of one enemy within our walls." Gaius stated.
"Morgana."
"You need to be extra careful, Merlyn. Her abilities are growing. Whether the Fisher King is right or wrong, we'd be foolish to ignore his words." Gaius said cautiously.
"I'll look after her, Gaius." Gwaine and Arthur spoke from the doorway where they had been listening to the conversation.