Chapter Nine, Capturing the Goblin

Goblin-Gaius stalked towards the library knowing exactly where to find the book he needed to frame Merlyn, even with the real Gaius screaming inside his head to leave Merlyn alone. He couldn't do that otherwise he'd be trapped inside that box for another fifty years. It was him or Merlyn.
"Ah, Gaius," Geoffrey said, as he spotted his old friend, or who he thought he was, entering the library. "I've been meaning to come and see you. I got this terrible pain in my leg."
"It's hardly surprising," said Goblin-Gaius rudely. "When it has to support that enormous gut. Lose some weight, fatty." He said, shocking Geoffrey, who stood there shocked and appalled with a hand to his chest.

Goblin-Gaius stalked off to where he knew the trick bookcase was and pushed down the right shelf causing the bookcase to spin around into the secret room with him holding on to it.
"Ah ha." Goblin-Gaius said, spotting the book of enchantments on the shelf. Grabbing it he headed off towards the King.

***

While that was happening Merlyn was wandering around the castle trying to find Arthur to update him on the Goblin situation. Unbeknownst to her a warrant had just been signed for her arrest.
"Arthur?" Merlyn called, as she entered his chambers only to find them empty. Sighing she left the room to continue on with her search when she heard footsteps behind her, looking over her shoulder she saw two guards with the person she had been looking for.
"Arthur!" Merlyn called, walking closer towards him, frowning at the sad look on his face and how he could barely meet her eyes. "Arthur?" She questioned, wondering what the hell was going on.
"Arrest her." Arthur said, turning away from her.
"What?" Merlyn asked, feeling angry and betrayed. "Arthur, what are you doing?" She asked, when the guards grabbed her.

But he didn't answer her. Instead he led the way to the Council Chambers where the full Council was awaiting them. She was angry and confused until she saw Goblin-Gaius standing beside an angry and pacing Uther.
"Is it true? You, are responsible for the afflictions that I and other members of the Court have suffered?"
"WHAT?" Merlyn asked incredulously. "NO!"
"Gaius." Uther called, not believing Merlyn at all.
"I found this in your room." Gaius said, stepping forwards with a large brown leather bound book in his hands. "It's a book of spells and enchantments."
"He's lying. That's not Gaius." Merlyn said, throwing a glare at Gaius and one at Arthur. "He's been possessed by a Goblin. I know how it sounds, but it's the truth! We've been hunting it, Arthur's been helping us." Merlyn insisted, at their sceptical looks.