nine

Luella and Edward arrived home in silence. She almost died today and Edward is forced with a decision that he didn't want to think about, but he couldn't lose her. "I will turn you after graduation."

Luella looked at him shocked that he said this. "Edward..."

"Today proved it. I can't live on without my mate by my side." He tells her as they got out of the car. "I love you, Luella and what happened earlier made me realize that I can't live without you."

Luella walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him. "If you can feel my touch, hear my heartbeat, and feel my kisses, then I'm alive and well." She smiled as Edward smiled. "Let's go in and cuddle. I want to be in your arms right now."

"Sure."
~~~
The next day, Luella slept in making Edward smile. The field trip was postponed because of the accident. If Edward could sleep, he would be having nightmares of losing Luella. He sighed as Jasper walked by. "She's here, Edward and I'm sure one of us will turn her before she dies." Jasper tells him. "I gained a sister, something I never had in my life."

"You would turn my mate because she's your sister?"

"Yes." Jasper tells him. "Thomas may disagree, but from the moment you two met, there was lust."

"Then that lust became love."

"You two are known to still carry that lustful feeling for one another." Jasper says as Alice kissed his cheek.

"And that lustful feeling will continue to grow." Alice said. 'I already have your wedding day planned."

Edward watched them walk away as he shook his head at them, but the sound of a wedding had him thinking about what ring he should get Luella. Looking back at his sleeping mate, Edward knew that her life is with him and his family. He will keep his promise to her and he can tell that his family will do the same thing for Luella. Right now, she's safe and human and that is all he wants right now. Just this moment of her sleeping and being human.