ten

Few days after the accident, Luella was reading her book as she waited for the others. Edward stopped to see Luella reading. He walked over to her and kissed her head causing her to look up. "Hey."

"That book seems to be interesting."

"It is." She tells him as she looked back at it. "This girl, who was only 12, saved this woman from her father as he was about to rape and kill this woman like he did to the others. So far, he is in jail and she's going through life focusing on her future and to not think about who her father is."

"Okay. I might read that book."

"It's good so far." Luella said as she put the book aside. "I found out something that might shock you about our bond."

Edward watched her go to the desk and pulled something out. He didn't question as he felt a prick and looked at her. "What was that?"

"You felt my pain." She tells him.

Carlisle looked at the others shocked that Edward felt what Luella felt. No one never heard of that and knew that there was more to Edward and Luella's bond. Edward smiled as he opened the door for her as she got in.
~~~
At school, Edward and Luella walked together as Thomas was staring at Bella. Edward looked up as Luella was talking to Alice about what they should do together. "She really is wanting answers." Edward tells him. "If she even thinks about asking Luella questions..."

"I won't let her."

Luella walked over and touched Edward's arm. He looked at her causing her to smile a little. Thomas didn't know what happened, but Luella managed to drag Edward to the bus. Jasper and Alice walked over wondering one thing. "What just happened?"

"I have no clue." Thomas said. "But whatever it was, Luella got Edward to follow her."

They shared a look before following the two on the bus.
~~~
Luella smiled as she walked with Edward as she looked at each flower. Edward has been focusing on Alice's mind as she was constant with her visions and they all had Luella in it. "Edward..."

"Alice has been having visions of us and there all different scenes." He tells her. "Carlisle thinks there is more to our bond then what we all think. The lust, the pain I felt..."

"Make you think what will happen if we were apart." She says.

Edward looked at Luella not liking what she said. "I don't want to think about us being apart." He tells her as he pulls her aside. "Luella, let's not think about us being apart because the thought alone kills me."

Luella smiled as she wrapped her arms around him. Alice and Jasper walked over as Luella kissed him. "Let's get this over with."

They nodded as they went back to looking at the plans. Luella smiled as she walked around. Up ahead, they saw Bella and Thomas talking, but the feel of Luella's hand caused him to keep his mouth shut. He kissed her head as they made their way to the bus and stopped seeing Thomas and Bella. "I don't think that conversation ended right."

"It didn't."
~~~
That night, papers laid around the blond as she was out cold. Edward arrived back to see Luella surrounded by her homework as she slept. He shook his head as he started picking her work up, but stopped as he saw something that caught his attention. He picked it up and started reading it.

Edward,
I know by the time you found this, I'm asleep, but I wanted to write this to you so you know that I am proud of the man you are. I know you see yourself as a monster, but I see you as the man I fell in love with. You are extraordinarily, Edward and I can't wait to be yours forever. For a 108 year old vampire, you know how to make a seventeen year old girl feel special and loved.

Goodnight, my love, I'll see you in the morning.

Luella

Edward smiled as he put the letter away and picked her up. He walked to their bed and laid her down to sleep. "I love you, Luella Brady."