Chapter 4: Present

Chapter 4: Present

Present

It has been 6 years since the incident, yet Jungkook still can't believe what happened to his husband. He couldn't bury his memories with him, they were just starting to have a family, but it had ended already.

He became a workaholic, focusing on his work, and busied himself trying to forget his memories with his deceased husband. But how? He can't unlove Taehyung easily. Somehow, he was confused, Taehyung's parents were also gone after the incident, they just told him that Taehyung was dead.

“Son, will you stop for a while? I want you to meet someone.” Jeonhwa smiled as she got inside Jungkook's office.

“I don't have time to meet someone, I am busy.” Jungkook replied while busy signing each file.

“I know you are, but you also have break time, Why don't you hang out with Eunsuk? He's my best friend's son, and I'm sure you'll feel comfortable with him.” Jeonhwa replied and sat in front of Jungkook.

“I repeat, Mom, I don't have time for this.” Jungkook simply stated, glaring at her.

“Son, I'm doing this for you. I am worried about you. You are always busy, and you don't have time for your children and your hyungs. Come on, for me, just fulfill my request.” Jeonhwa blabbered.

“Fine, I will. But after this, stop setting me on blind dates. I'm not interested in your shit.” Jungkook solemnly stated as he stood up and left her alone.

Jungkook was on his way to the cafeteria, his mom told him that Eunsuk was in the cafeteria. That's always been her routine for so many years after Taehyung's death, She started to set him up with different unknown species.

When he was walking inside, his shoulder bumped into someone.

“Look at your way, you're not blind.” Jungkook groans, brushing off his shoulder.

“It's your fault too, you saw me coming, so you should move aside.” A deep voice shot back.

Jungkook looked at him, his raven orb eyes met those ocean blue eyes yet the boy in front of him was wearing a mask and had blonde hair.

“Do you know whom you are talking to, right now?” Jungkook uttered, pointing at himself.

“Do I have to know you? Nuh-uh, I don't care about useless people like you.” The boy in front of him retorted with a tsk-ed and bumped into his shoulder once again and left.