Chapter 6: Desirous

Chapter 6: Desirous

Present

Taehyung was currently sleeping with his two kids beside him, clinging to him. Jungkook was watching them, he didn't fall asleep, afraid that Taehyung disappeared but now, he believes his husband was real.

He was sitting beside the bed, a smile plastered on his face, while tears threatened to fall from his eyes. He wipes his tears when he saw Taehyung squirming around. 

Taehyung opened his eyes, feeling the soft and comfortable mattress on his back. He turns to his right side, seeing Jungkook looking at him.

“Sir, why are you so early? It's only 4 in the morning.” Taehyung started looking at the clock on the top of the door frame back to Jungkook.

“Ah, I can't sleep.” Jungkook simply replied.

“What? You didn't sleep? You should've slept, sir, that's not good for you.” Taehyung said as he sat down.

“It's okay, I'm fine, I'll sleep later.” Jungkook replied, giving him an assuring smile.

“No Sir, go and sleep here, I'll start my job.” Taehyung said as he stood up, patting the bed.

“Don't mind me, I'm really fine.” Jungkook giggled.

“Please sir, don't argue with me. Just take sleep so when you wake up, the food is already done, please.” Taehyung pouted.

Jungkook sighed in defeat, he stood up in front of Taehyung.

“Okay, I will, but please when I wake up, I want to see you.” Jungkook stared at Taehyung's ocean-blue eyes.

“Why sir?” Taehyung asked confused.

“I'm afraid when I wake up, I might lose you again.” Jungkook replied, whispering the word again.

“Sir, I'm not some ghost who will disappear, I'm real. Okay fine, if that makes you sleep, why not? You'll see me when you wake up, but now, take sleep.” Taehyung stated.

“Can I hold your hands for a while?” Jungkook asked.

“Sure.” Taehyung nodded.

Jungkook lay down on the bed, and Taehyung sat down on the chair where Jungkook was earlier. Jungkook held his hand, soothing the thumb on the back of his hand. Unbeknownst to Taehyung, he felt something different. He felt déjà vu like it happened before, but he wasn't sure.

He didn't feel uncomfortable or anything. Not only that, but he loves how Jungkook held his hand as he will pull away. After an hour, Jungkook fell asleep. Taehyung slowly pulled away, covering them with the duvet. Taehyung pecked the kid's forehead when he went downstairs.

“Who are you? What are you doing here?” A female voice inquired.

Taehyung looked at her, scanning her.

“I should be the one who's asking you, Ma'am, who are you?” Taehyung inquired.

He saw her widen her eyes in shock, he saw that reaction when they were interviewing him, why everyone was so shocked to see him?

“Y-You're a-alive? Buh-but how?” She stuttered nervously.

“Why? Do you expect me to die?” Taehyung inquired with a smile or more on look like a smirk.

“Wuh-who are you?” She gulped.

“Me? I'm Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook's property.” Taehyung snickered.

“Wuh-what are you saying?! You are not his property!” Jeonwha gritted her teeth.

“Ma'am, calm down, I mean, I'm on his property because I'm his maid. Why are you reacting like that? Do you perhaps know me?” Taehyung grinned.

“No, I don't know you. I'm here because his soon-to-be husband was here.” Jeonhwa snickered, moving aside, and showing Eunsuk behind him.

“Hi, I'm Eunsuk.” Eunsuk extended his hand.

Taehyung shook his hands with him and smiled.

“Oh, are you the guy who he was about to meet yesterday?” Taehyung inquired.

“Yeah, why?” Eunsuk retorted.

“I'm sorry on behalf of him, he was busy teaching me in a different position--” Taehyung saw Eunsuk's eyes widen.

“Of the equipment here, in his house. Wait, why do you two seem shocked? I'm not done with my sentence.” Taehyung giggled.

“Suh-sorry, I-I thought a different thing.” Eunsuk replied, biting his bottom lip.

“It's okay, you two can take a seat, he was sleeping, he was tired after teaching me.” Taehyung grinned as he went to the kitchen.

“Don't mind him, he is a maid.” Jeonhwa sighed.

“I'm fine.” Eunsuk retorted.

“Let's take a seat.” Jeonhwa stated and led him to the couch.

Taehyung cleaned the house, the guest room, the bathroom, and the playroom for the kids. After doing the chores, he decided to cook. He was humming while cooking, he enjoyed teasing them. He likes their reaction, he loves to see that again.

Jungkook woke up at 7 am, he roamed his eyes around, but he didn't see Taehyung. He removes the duvet and runs downstairs.

“Jungkoo--”

He ignored his mom who called him, he went to the kitchen seeing Taehyung was there cooking. He didn't hesitate to hug him tightly, which made Taehyung surprised.

“Sir, what's wrong?” Taehyung inquired slowly, snaking his hands around Jungkook.

“I-I thought you left me, that's why I don't want to sleep! I-I'm scared.” Jungkook sobbed on Taehyung's shoulder.

“I'm sorry, look, I'm here, I didn't leave you.” Taehyung uttered, caressing Jungkook's back.

“Y-you said you'll be beside me when I wake up! Why didn't I see you?! You scared me!” Jungkook cried, looking at Taehyung.

“I was cooking, do you want me to burn this food?” Taehyung pouted.

“Nuh-no! But please don't leave again like that. I can't handle the pain anymore if you did that again.” Jungkook mumbled, crying on Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung can see through his peripheral vision that the two earlier watching them. He curled his fingers in Jungkook's hair, caressing it gently. He smirked internally, trying to anger them. Call him bad boy, naughty boy, or so what? But he couldn't help it, he thoroughly enjoyed making them mad.

Jungkook sighed in relief, he pulled Taehyung closer to him. His hand slipped inside Taehyung's shirt, trying to feel the warmth.

“Don't leave me again.” Jungkook murmured, he didn't even feel the presence of the two.

“It's okay, make sure to be close with his kids. H--” Jeonhwa wasn't done yet when the twins ran into the kitchen.

“Mama!” The twins cried, hugging Taehyung's legs.

Jungkook pulled away, and Taehyung knelt hugging them, shushing them with his sweet words.