❣︎ 5 - Pope's First Encounter ❣︎

☾︎... 𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒆 𝑷𝑶𝑽 ...☽︎

My eyes fluttered open and my head was pounding, I was laid flat on my back on... John B's bed. Wait lemme smell it, oh yep that's definitely his.

Thank god it's Sunday.

"Guys-?"
I jumped when I heard someone reply almost immediately "Cassie!"

"O-oh hey Pope" I said weakly and attempted to sit up

"No no no, lay back down" he gently pushed my shoulders down
"How you feeling bee?"

I chuckled lightly, he's been calling me bee for years now. It all started by me making buzzing sounds and pretending to be a bee because I knew JJ was scared shirtless of them, and that's the point were Pope first called me 'bee'.

To be honest out of all the guys in the group I am much, much closer to Pope. John B is my friend but it's a little different, I get this odd feeling when I'm around him and I can't figure out what it is. And JJ, well he's a dickhead and is also my brother.

"I feel as if I've been dragged through an asshole and back out again" I responded blandly

The edge of his mouth curled into a smile and he couldn't help but laugh
"Okay but uh... who's asshole?"

"Yours" I replied cheekily
"Mine!?" He shrieked in hysterics of laughter.

I checked the time on my phone, 1:30 already!?

"Where are the others?" I finally asked

"Kie and John B went to fix the motor on the boat because it's been frozen and-"

"Is JJ with them?" I interrupted
"N-no, strangely enough he actually went home"

"Why?" 
"I don't know, he just said he had something to do" he replied quickly

I rubbed my forehead anxiously
"Headache? Want some paracetamol?" He offered

"Yeah, thanks dude"

He came back with a big glass of water and I chugged the whole thing along with the tablets.

___________________________________

Pope and I had just been hanging out at the chatue for a bit and I was already back to normal. I wasn't even hurt that bad, I'd just gotten a few kicks here and there but he was acting as if I've been mauled by a bear.

"I'm fine Pope, really. I'm just gonna go see JJ"

"Can I come?"

"No" I said quickly "I mean uh why don't you just go help the others"

"Come on Cass, I never go to your house"

I sighed
"Why would you want to? Our house is nothing special, it's the complete opposite"

"I know but I just wanna spend some time with you two, and besides I don't wanna end up third wheeling" he spoke

"Kie and John B? Nah"

"Uh yes .." he argued

"No fucking way, she's my wife and if JB ever tries to make a move on her imma beat his ass" I exclaimed light-heartedly

"Sure you will bee. Now please just let me come see JJ with you, and think of the benefits; if I come you won't have to walk"

"Ugh fine" I snapped

.....

We turned onto the long dusty driveway and I could already here the cold metal music that dad listens too.