❣︎ 13 - Mental Asylum ❣︎

☾︎... 𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒆 𝑷𝑶𝑽 ...☽︎

It's been a few weeks and I have to say life feels a little easier, with school still out the window and dad out of town, it's been just us and it's amazing.

If only that could last forever. All good things must come to an end at some point.

We haven't once mentioned the argument/breakdown that happened a few weeks ago. We didn't need to. If anything it made our friendships stronger.

We were in the twinkie, driving back from a long day spent at the beach.

"So when's Big John coming back?" JJ asked, chewing his nails realising that once he's back we can't crash over the Chatue as much.

"Should be coming back any day this week" JB replied "although I'm not sure if I want him back" he laughed

"Don't say that" Kie muttered from the back

"Why not Kie?" He turned around in his seat to face her

"Well he's your dad... And you never know something could happen to him" she shrugged her shoulders

"Pfttt. Don't worry about it" he said, swinging back round again

Ignoring their small bickering I looked out the window, staring at all the the old shattered buildings. This is the abandoned area of the cut, I don't think anybody lives here as it's all surrounded by very thick forest. I wouldn't be surprised if bears and wolves roamed here.

"What you lookin' at bee?" Pope asked, copying me by planting his face against the window.

"Nothing much, just trying to choose which one of these houses is most likely to be in a  horror show" I smirked

"Right... We should come here on Halloween" he suggested

"Oh fuck yeah, but why do we have to wait so long? Can't we just do it like this week or something?"

Halloween is my favourite time of the year, I love everything to do with horror.

"I mean we coul-

"Woah! Guys look at that house" I yelled, causing JB to slam his foot down on the brakes.

It wasn't exactly a house it was more like a very large building, about the size of a hospital. All the windows were either shattered or non existent and all you could see was just a piercing darkness inside.

There were pieces of clothing and bits of wood scattered all about. The mouldy crumbling building was surrounded by overgrown plants and trees.

It definitely gave off an eerie vibe and that's what I love about it.

"We should go there" I begged "please?"

"Oh hell naw" JJ exclaimed

"Ohhh, Your scared" Kie teased him

"Awe his little JJ scared of an ickle house" JB joined in

"Shut up" JJ said "I'm not scared, i-it just looks dodgy"

"Sureeee" I nodded, longing out the 'e'.

"Seriously, I'm not scared" he repeated

"He's lying" I whispered to Kie "he's shitting himself"

She giggled "definitely"

Pope was staring long and hard at the building until something clicked in his brain "guys that a mental asylum, it was abandoned about 60 years ago."

"That's my boy, smart as ever" John B tipped his cap off.

"Yeah I remember reading stories about that" he said, pulling his hat back on "they used to torture people into insanity and lots of people died and then abandoned and then they began to hear really creepy shit and then the staff would randomly start dying so they had no choice but to leave it"

"That gives us more reason to NOT go there" JJ said

"What? No, that gives us way MORE reason to go" I argued

"Have fun dying Cass because I ain't going. Just saying that now"

"Come on bro, you gotta come" JB insisted

"You'd have to kill me first, even then my ghost would come back down to make sure you don't drag my poor body to that shit show" he huffed

"Fine, who does want to come?" We all raised our hands apart from JJ.

"Of course" he muttered darkly "now I'm gonna have to come to make sure all your asses don't get murdered"

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say Romeo" Kie rolled her eyes

"Friday?" I piped up

"Perfect, that's in 4 days" Pope stated

"Yep, gives me enough time to prepare my weapons and anti possessing shit" JJ rambled

"Okay so either dawn or dusk on Friday" John B concluded

"Yup" we all agreed apart from JJ who just submitted a grunt.

________________________________________

☘︎... 𝑲𝒊𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝑷𝑶𝑽 ...☘︎

JJ and I were hanging outside Heyward's shop waiting for Pope to come out.

Cassie and John B went off to get some gas for the boat seeing as we'll a need full tank because we're going on a long trip today. I'm not sure if the Pogue will be able to manage that but we're hoping she'll pull through.

Pope came stumbling out with a dissatisfied expression slapped across his face.
"Shit, I have to go see my little cousins" he murmured

"Stop complaining like a lil bitch" Heyward poked fun at him

"Way to ruin our fun Mr Heyward" JJ called to him, earning himself even more dislike from Pope's father.

"Okay, well we're not going without you" I state

"I mean you guys could come if you want, atleast I won't be bored out of mind if you two are with me" Pope suggested

"I like that idea" I said

"Wait how old are these cousins?" JJ stepped in, a look of interest on his face.

"I know what your thinking buddy, but no. They're 6 and 4 years old, I  think they might have a baby too" Pope explained

He looked dissapointed, obviously hoping it'd be a girl near-ish his own age.

"I don't think JJ can be trusted with little kids" I joked

"You'd be surprised Kie, I'm actually alright with kids" he pouted

"Okay, okay. I'll give Cassie and JB a quick text, they're probably gonna take ages anyways." I said, whilst typing away on my phone.

"Now it's the hard part" JJ mumbled to Pope "...getting your dad to agree"

"I have my ways. I'll just convince him that I'll work an extra shift or something"

"They're not replying" I mentioned, staring down at the unread messages.

"Don't worry Kie, I'm sure they're fine" JJ snatched the phone from me.

"Hey" I complained, seeing him shove my phone into his pocket.

"You gotta stop worrying. Cassie doesn't need to be mothered, plus she's got John B with her. Nothings gonna happen if we just leave for a few hours" He tried to reassure me but I could hear the snapiness in his tone.

"Okay" I raised my hands in defeat

Anybody got any predictions/ideas for the next chapter? Or maybe future chapters?

Also I am very sorry that this took so long, I'm really struggling to find enough time to write atm. I'm hoping by next weekend once we're settled in Canada I can get back to regular updating.

Edit: some people have asked me already and the answer is - no, this is not gonna turn into one of those horror/mystery books :)