THE DAY WE MET

"Are you okay?" He asked in a hushed voice so only maya could hear.

She managed to nod and his eyes went to her palm.

Maya subconsciously covered her forearm so that he wouldn't notice her scars. But by doing so it gave him a clear view to them.

But he didnt react. Didnt ask anything. Instead his eyes went to the cut which was bleeding  inside her palm.

"Damn that's a deep cut. We have to clean it or it will get infected"

'We'  the word boomed in her head

"No its okay I'll manage" she choked out.

"No its not okay. Look, by the look of this cut you must have hit a sharp rock or a piece of glass or something. There might be a splinter...... "

He looked at her in expectance.

"Maya"

"Maya" he repeated with a smile on his lips

His smile made her heart do a summersault in her chest.

It was the first time maya felt something like this. It was exciting she felt like shes gonna faint.

Oh wait she was gonna faint.

Things started getting blurry. Dark spots danced behind her eyes.

"I think im gonna...."  she started but her knees buckled.

"Whoa... you okay??" His arms went to her elbows and made her stand straight.

She couldnt manage a nod. Things were too blurry.

"Just sit.. sit here comeon" he led her to a stone bench by a tree.

The cool breeze and the shade from the sun made maya feel a little better. She grabbed for her bag to get the water bottle but adhi beat her to it.

"Here drink some water you'll feel better" he handed her the bottle

"Does blood make you squeemish? Is that why you're feeling ill?"

"No its not that" she started in malayalam her native language. She realised her mistake and began to correct

"Are you malayali?" He also started in malayalam

"You too?" Maya found herself smiling

"Yup im from....."

And then they had the typical malayali conversation every malayali who meet outside kerala had.And surprisingly maya felt better. As if his words were a soothing caress against the ringing in her head. She felt much better.And during that conversation maya understood 5 things about him

1. His name was Adhitya sankar

2. He is her super senior and is in his 3rd year

3. The college just won an intercollegiate football tournanent. Adhi is the caption of the team and the winning scorer.

4. There were quite a few malayalis in this college and in her class. So maya wont have to worry that much.

5th and the most important one
MAYA HAS A CRUSH ON HIM

Adhi cleaned maya's wound with water and bandanged it using his handkerchief. He asked her to properly clean it and bandage it.

"Thank you senior." Maya said color rushing to her cheeks

Adhitya chuckled "You dont need to call me senior. Just call me adhi. Comeon we're from the same native"

"Adhi" maya said shyly.