Steps

Pins POV

Spindle was at school, so Needle and I are alone with the twins. Right now, they are 15 months old, and Needle and I have been trying to get them to walk. Spindle started to walk around at around 14 months, so we were hoping to get the twins to do the same. Needle and I decided to devote a day to try to get them walking.

We brought the twins over to the living room. We got some of their favorite toys to try to get them to walk. Sometimes, the hold onto the couch and use it to balance when the stand up. Our plan is to have them move on the couch, and then slowly try and move them away from it.

We took Alfie and had him hold onto the couch, then Needle stood behind him with some toys and snacks.

"Come on Alfie, come to mommy! "" She said, with a very true tone. Alfie slowly turned around to face Needle, with one hand still on the couch. I then handed him a toy to put in his free hand, and he took it. I then tried to hand him another toy, in an attempt to have him let go of the couch. It worked, and now Alfie was standing on 2 feet, facing Needle.

"Come on Alfie, come here, walk to mommy!" Alfie looked at Needle for a solid minute, then looked down at his feet.

"Yes Alfie, walk to mommy," I said to him. Then, I saw Alfie lift up one of his legs, and put it back down. "Yes, now do that but forward." Right as I said that Alfie took a step, and then another, and another, until he got to Needle and fell on her lap.

"Yay" we both screamed in unison. Then I started crying.

"Needle, our baby just took his first steps."

"Pin, I know, they grow up way too fast!" Meanwhile, Thimbie Was sitting on the floor, watching his brother, when he decided that he wanted in on the action. He got up, held on the couch, and then he just starts walking out of nowhere. When he landed a needle's lap, he started laughing. Needle and I stared at each other, and started to laugh along with him.

"Thimbie, you little stink, you wanted to be just like your brother huh," Needle said. Then be just smiled at us, and we smiled back at him. Then I realized I had to pick up spindle from school.

"Needle, I'm going to get Spindle from school!"

"OK, see you!" I got in the car and drove to Spindles school. When he walked out to the car, I noticed he was holding an ice pack to his nose. Spindle was crying when he got in.

"Let me guess, Plank?"

"Yeah, he punched Oak too!" I swear, when I come across that kid, I will make sure he never bullies anyone ever again.

"Spindle, I need to know who this Plank kid is, do you happen to know his last name?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Building." I recognized the last name, but wasn't 100% sure where it was from.

"OK, maybe I'll try to find them."

"How are mommy, Alfie, and Thimbie?"

"Funny you ask that, Alfie and Thmbie actually just took their first steps!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, when we got home, I'll show you!" When we got home, I saw Needle helping the twins walk.

"Hey spindle, sit down here!" Spindle sat on the floor. "Come on Alifie and Thimbie, walk to big brother Spindle!" Immediately, the twins walk over the spindle.

"Awe, aren't you two so cute," Spindle said. Then I saw that Needle noticed that Spindle had a bruise on his nose.

"Oh my, Spindle, what happened to your nose?"