Fight (Part 1)

Spindles POV

It was just another Saturday for me. I was finally done with 6th grade, and summer vacation had finally started. I was on my phone, scrolling through social media, and just getting able to relax after a long year.

Life's been going well right now. The twins just turned 6 years old, and now I feel like we can all finally do things together as a family. We can now go on the boardwalk without stopping for potty breaks every 20 minutes, and now they are more capable of doing things on their own.

Speaking of the twins, my moms are trying to find sports for them to play. We enrolled them in dance for a mini three week class, and they HATED it. Ash also took all of us ice skating not long ago, but clearly that wasn't for them either. But I know they're gonna find their sport, even if it is a little out of the box.

Another thing I've been trying to do is get better at doing my hair. Usually, one of my moms will do it, but Mettea has been helping me a lot, she's really good. I've been facetiming her every weekend that we didn't have competition. The only complaint that I have is that last weekend at competition, she recommended this spray that makes my head itch like crazy, but besides that, my hair has never looked so good before!

"Spindle, can I talk to you for a minute," my mommy said.

"Sure." I went downstairs to see what she needed. When I got down stairs, she looked worried.

"So I just got a call from Book, and she went and told me that Mettea found out she had head lice right after the competition last week."

Shit.

"Oh no!"

"What is it Spindle."

"When we were doing hair last weekend at competition, she gave me her brush to use. And just this morning my head was itching from what I thought was the hair spray she gave me, and now..."

My mom just started at me.

"PIN!"

"What is it, Needle!"

"WERE BURNING DOWN ALL OUR FURNITURE."

"What, why?" My ma ma was confused.

"Well, Spindle's friend from dance has head lice and Spindle told me that her head was itching this morning." My mama started to panic.

"Okay, Okay, it's going to be okay."

"What is it mom-"

"SPINDLE DON'T COME NEAR ME, I'M NOT GONNA GET LICE TODAY,"my mama said.

"What, I'm I gonna be okay or not?" My parents started to make me nervous.

"Spindle, it's gonna be fine," my mommy said. "I was joking before about me burning the furniture, and moms just over reacting."

"OVERREACTING? NEEDLE, WHAT IF US OR THE TWINS GET IT. HUH?"

"PIN! Breathe, It's gonna be okay. This isn't the end of the world. I'll go call to get an appointment for the five of us to get checked out, okay?"

"Uh, thanks for that Needle. My moms then started to kiss each other for around a solid minute."

"Uh, guys," I said, interrupting them.

"Oh, sorry about that sweet heart," my mommy said. "I'll book the appointment now."

_________

At around five, the five of us got into the car to head to the appointment.

"Are they gonna shave our heads off," Thimbie asked.

"Let's hope not," Pin said.

"PIN," my mom said.