plan I

"Never thought that pogues go on double dates."

"So your plan is to make them stay on a boat together for a night?", I repeat John's idea, "That's not going to work." "It is because you are going to be there, too", he argues. "Are you joking?", I ask arching my eyebrows, "I am not going to spend the night with Kiara and Sarah who basically hate each other on a boat in the middle of nowhere."

"Yeah, man. I would really prefer to have her here at night", JJ adds flashing me a smile. "You two", John B states pointing from him to me, "are really unbearable. You're driving me insane. Besides, it's not in the middle of nowhere. You know this region. Plus, the girls won't stop fighting without you and you need to talk to Kie anyways."

"This is going to be the worst night ever and it's your fault", I mutter to JJ, "You have to make up for it." "Nothing better than that", he chuckles grinning down to me. "Ugh", Pope groans, "Guys!" "Yeah, you don't really have to rub your love life in our faces", John B adds.

"Isn't Sarah giving you enough? No John D for her?", JJ still jokes but I have to admit, his jokes make me laugh so it's not bad, even after the fifth time. "Hey, JJ, do you remember how I told you that Iz and I did-", John B gets back at us. "Okay, bro, shut up. Don't need to hear that." Now Pope and John B are the ones who laugh loudly and JJ and I roll our eyes.

"Wait", Pope holds on pointing between the boys, „You two told each other about what you and Iz did?" "Don't even talk about it", I mutter. "Not intentionally", JJ mumbles. "How did that happen?", Pope grins now that the three of us feel embarrassed probably for the first time, "How can best friends talk about sex with the same accidentally?" "Well, I didn't mention a name last year and JJ didn't mention her name." "That's sick."

"And something that we won't talk about anymore", I add to make sure that my love life won't be the topic of each conversation anymore, "What's the plan now?" "You and JJ will be on the boat with Sarah and I and Pope is going to bring Kie to fix something. Then we leave and come back the next morning and everything will be fine." "Wow, you're pretty naive, John B", I mutter but give in and emotionally prepare myself for the next few hours.

As soon as John B told Sarah to come over, Pope left to meet Kie and the four of us went on the boat together. Of course, pogues would never have a real double date if it wasn't for helping Kie and Sarah so we can continue our hunt for gold. "I'm glad that we're doing this today", Sarah tells me as John B and JJ are busy opening beer bottles and joking around, "We didn't see each other a lot during the past weeks so I've missed hanging out with you. And after yesterday.. I wasn't sure what would happen."

"No need to worry, Sah", I smile at her and suppress the feeling of guilt as we're only carrying our plan out, "I'm just glad we're fine and that you don't worry about John B and I because it's really over and he likes you a lot. You're just his first real girlfriend but he'll get used to relationship-stuff."

I am actually really glad to see and talk to Sarah again as I also missed her but right now I was too tense as I was only thinking about our plan and if it will work. John B and JJ are joking around with their beer so if I didn't know how smart they could be, I would wonder if they were even able to make this plan happen. "Babe, you're worrying again. Stop that", JJ pouts as he comes to me and lays his arms around my shoulders, "I don't want you to get wrinkles anytime soon." 

"Really romantic, JJ", Sarah comments bluntly and chuckles as she watches us. "Don't even try to understand what's going on with them. Pope and I were trying to figure out how this relationship works yesterday and all we found out is that JJ has drugged Iz or probably the other way round", I hear John B next to us."I won't steal your best friend away from you, J", I mock him, "Plus, you didn't even realize how we were sneaking around in the chateau so you better be quiet."

As we arrived at the place where they wanted us to stay for the night, one of the boys made a certain sound. "Did you hear that, JJ? Let's take a look", John B gives a sign to JJ as they walk to the other side of the boat and stop the boat. "Is everything okay?", Sarah immediately asks so I nod and ask her to sit down with me. "Probably just something that isn't important. Hey, how did that with John B happen exactly?"

"It happened so quickly", Sarah giggles and looks like she can't even believe it herself as she watches John B for a second, "He was hiding from something or someone, I don't even know exactly.. but I was helping him and then he asked about my dad because he needed to go into the university's library so we went there and I made him tell me about the gold. We've had a really good time and even went shopping as we couldn't enter the library with our usual clothes."

"Omg John B and shopping?", I repeat laughing, "I wish I had seen it." "He didn't even complain, honestly. And we were talking.. a lot.. about everything. I got to know a completely different side of him and I think he feels the same about me." "Wow, that sounds great, Sarah. I'm glad you and John B have each other. It fits. As much as I like Topper, but John B is way better for you."