kisses and viewers

"He might be a bad boy, but he's a real good man."

The next day, we finally drive to Redfield lighthouse. I've been indeed excited for this day to come since this adventure is something different but it's also frightening after we've realised that those men were after us. As soon as we arrive, we jump out of the bus and look at the lighthouse. "Okay, you are going to stay here and Kie and I try to find out more", John B tells Pope, JJ and I so I nod. 

"Wait, why me?", JJ asks. "You're not coming." "Why?" "There are independent and dependent variables. You're an independent one. No one knows what you'll do", Pope explains. "Oh, shut up, I said shut up!", JJ gets louder but John B ignores us and goes on, "Please, listen up. Pope, Izzy, you stay here with JJ. If we split up, we meet back at JJ's house." Everyone agrees although JJ is not still not happy with the decision.

"I'm going to work on my merit scholarship essay and try to keep felonies to a minimum", Pope tells us and sits down under a tree a few places next to the car. I decide to sit down in the bus and take a moment to relax. The past days have been more adventurous than the past years.

"Hey, do you really think that I'm independent or whatever Pope was saying?", JJ asks me and snuggles up to me. My chest felt warm as I see him being softly. "He called you an independent variable and you're not one. We're just all still shocked about the gun shots."

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't want to scare you", he whispers and grabs my face so he could kiss me. "JJ, Pope is right next to us", I remind him. "He won't see it." JJ pulls me onto his lap to kiss me. He places his one hand under my chin and the other one on my back. I play with his hairs and giggle when he tells me how much he missed that. "I wish I could tell everyone how happy I am with you", I admit honestly and look into his eyes to see how his lips form to a smile when I say that. 

"I bet they would be all so jealous of how lucky we are", JJ adds and makes my heart race rapidly with those words, "I love this." He said it again. He loves it. Instantly, I wonder if he just loves what we are doing right now or if he.. loves me? Okay, too much of that fairytale. Back to reality, Izzy.

"Hey, guys, I'm done for today. What-" 

I turn around when I hear Pope's voice but it is too late. He notices how I sit on JJ's lap, my red cheeks and JJ's messy hair.

"Woah, when did that happen?", he exclaims questioningly. I look at Pope unsurely and shocked at the same time. "A few months ago", JJ admits giving me a sad look after I've moved away from him instinctively. 

"You've been doing this", Pope stresses and points to us, "behind our backs for months?" "We're a couple", I say hesistantly but grab JJ's hand as Pope still looks irritated. "Are you mad?" "I'm confused", he states. "We know it's surprising and a lot to ask but can you please not tell the others about us?" Pope raises an eyebrow. "You ask me to lie to our friends?" "Pope, we don't like it either but Kie and John B would probably freak out. We want to spend some time together before anyone would judge us", I explain giving him a smile.

Before Pope can tell us if he hates us now or not, we hear police cars driving into our direction and instantly know that something has gone wrong. "We're not going to wait for them?", Pope asks as he watches JJ sitting down on the driver's seat and turning the bus' engine on. "They are smart and fast enough to run away quickly."

"Kie, is everything alright?", I ask her later while we're both helping out at the wreck. "Yeah sure", she replies easily and shrugs her shoulder. She never reacts like that so I know that something is off so I give her a certain look. "Okay", she groans, "John B and I kissed." Woah, what? She's the one who always reminds us of our rule! "He kissed me", she corrects herself, "Are you mad at me?" "No, why should I?", I wonder, "And what happened afterwards? I thought you liked him."

"Because I always remind you of our rule and tell you that you shouldn't feel something for JJ and now-"

"Why do you mention JJ now?" Kie gives me an understanding look and smiles at me, "I know that you like him. Everyone sees how you like it when he flirts with you. But even if we hadn't this rule, Iz, JJ is not the type of guy for a relationship. Don't get high hopes or you'll end up heartbroken."

Okay, so I try talking to her about something that happened in her life and she flips it around and tells me what is allegedly going on in my life? The way she describes JJ and I makes me feel miserable. Calm down, Iz. She doesn't know the truth. Yeah, right. And I wouldn't tell her right now, even though I would love to say how wrong she is about JJ. "So John B?"

"No, no pogues with pogues and anyways, he's just my friend. It was weird kissing him." I would like to tell her how everyone thinks that she's flirting with John B just to get back at her for the comment about JJ but as I remembered before, it's not her fault that she doesn't know the truth. "Hey, what are you doing there?", I hear the voice of the one and only John B behind us. 

While they discuss whatever is going on between them, I go outside to meet JJ and Pope. I know that John B would persuade Kie anyways. As Pope knows about our secret now, I can't help but grab JJ by his neck to kiss him. "What was that for?", he grins. "I'll tell you later." "Guys, just because I know about your little secret now and tolerate it, doesn't mean that you have to do it in front of me", Pope complains. I look at JJ who grins cheekily, "Get over it." Looks like Pope decided to help us.