Chapter Seventeen

"Rhodey, I promise, I'm okay."

"Are you sure? I can take a jet over-"

"Rhodey! I'm okay! I promise," Tony sighed to himself. He's been on call with Rhodey for half a hour, just reassuring him he's okay, after pictures of Tony, Nat, Clint, and Wanda were released.

"It wasn't even the first time we had lunch all together, in fact, later today is going to be our last group lunch." Tony added.

"Yeah I guess, I just know how much it's been for you. How's it going now?" Rhodey reminded.

Tony ran his hand through his hair as he sat down on his bed. He had just woken up when Rhodey called.

"Well at first it was really bad, and it stayed that way for the second one. But eventually, it got better. I mean, we've been doing it for two weeks after all. Anyway, I gotta go, Peter is about to leave for school and I wanna say good morning." Tony explained.

"Alright, I'm glad it's going okay. Oh! How's the thing for Peter going-"

"Goodbye Rhodey!" Tony exclaimed before hanging up abruptly.

Tony shook his head and got up, making his way out of his room and to the common area. He loved his best friend, but god, he was a bit much sometimes.

Fortunately though, Tony didn't miss Peter, as he was eating cereal at the bar.

"Hey Dad!" Peter chirped.

"Hey Pete," Tony replied, giving the boy a weird side hug.

"I'm gonna ask out MJ today!" Peter cheered.

Tony smiled wide, "That's great kiddo! I'm so proud of you!!"

"Thanks Dad!! I'm gonna go right now so I can pick up the Starbucks," Peter fumbled out of his chair, hugged Tony tightly, and then bolted out of the room.

Tony chuckled underneath his breath, "Teenagers..."

Tony still had a few hours before he had to leave, so he decided to do a bit of work. He's very behind on it, and he doesn't need Potts upset with him.

He goes down to his lab and starts going through a bunch of emails. While working he lets his mind wander.

Today was the last day with the second group. That meant next was having lunch with everyone on the Rogue's floor (cause like hell will he allow any of them- besides Nat- on his floor). He may have nurtured a few "friendships," but he still has a kid. He still has Peter to worry about. And well... excuse him if he wants to protect the kid from them.

Especially with the big factor here. Tony has not seen him since passing him in the garage. Which by the way, what even was that? Why was he acting so weird?

Time passed as Tony worked and eventually it was time for him to get ready to go. He cleaned up his station and took the elevator to his floor. Once there, he went straight to his room and to his bathroom.

Taking a quick shower, he then changed into a white button up, black slacks, and black dress shoes. he rolled up his sleeves, and put on a black watch. Tony grabbed his wallet and then headed out of his room. He once again went into the elevator and whistled while he waited to get to the Rogue's floor.

Once the elevator stopped, Tony got off and was met with Wanda, Vision, Nat, and Clint.

"Hey Vis," Tony greeted.

"Hello, I'll take my leave now so you guys can be on your way," And with that, he was gone.

"Hey Wanda," Tony greeted with a smile.