Chapter Fourteen

"Nat? Are you okay? What happened?"

Natasha looked between Tony and Peter, her face as white as a ghost. Tony raised a brow and glanced at Peter, who shrugged.

"Natasha!" Tony exclaimed.

This seemed to snap her out of it, at least a little bit, and she took a deep breath, before pointing at Peter.

"The kid- I mean Peter, sorry- is..." Nat trailed off.

Tony furrowed his brows, "Peter is what?"

Natasha took a step forward, "Peter is Spider-Man."

Tony's eyes widened, but he quickly recovered, clearing his throat and putting on a stoic expression.

"I'm sorry?"

Nat rolled her eyes, "Peter, your son, is Spider-Man."

Tony turned to Peter, who's eyes were wide. He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled nervously.

"M-Me? That's a nice thing to say, but I'm not Spider-Man. He's, y'know... a man. I'm a," Peter squared his shoulders, took a deep breath, and let out through gritted teeth, "boy."

Tony had to bite back the smug smirk that desperately wanted to show. Natasha however just raised a brow.

"That looked like it hurt to say," Nat snorted, "But seriously, do you know who you're talking to? You might want to remember why I'm one of Fury's most trusted agents."

Tony locked eye contact with her, and kept it for a minute or two. But, reluctantly, she looked away and dragged a hand down his face.

"Alright fine, you got me."

"Thought so."

"But you can't tell anyone, got it? This isn't just about keeping Peter safe from the Rogues, this is about keeping Peter safe from the public. This is about making sure Peter can still have a normal, teenage, life." He ordered.

Natasha nodded, "Got it."

Tony let out a sigh of relief, and so did Peter. He looked down at the popcorn he was holding, then at the paused movie, and then back to Natasha.

"Wanna watch Beauty and the Beast with us?"

She laughed, "Sure."

They all snuggled up on the couch, and watched the movie. The whole time Tony's heart was bursting with joy. Even though this wasn't planned, it's sort of relieving that Natasha knows the truth. Tony now got to be around Peter and Nat at the same time without something slipping.

When the movie ended, Peter was asleep, his head resting on Natasha's shoulder. Tony smiled softly at the sight. Nat also had the softest expression on her face as she ran her fingers through his hair.

"Thank you for being so understanding about this," Tony thanked.

She looked up from Pete and her smile now was directed at Tony, "Don't worry about it. There's no way I'm gonna force Peter into anything. In fact, I'm happier that Peter's identity is a secret. He's much, much, safer this way."

Tony nodded in agreement. That was definitely a plus.

"I'm really glad that your life is turning around, Tony. You didn't deserve the things we put you through." Natasha whispered.

Tony's chest tightened slightly at the memory, but he ignored it. "There's definitely times where the world seemed like it was against me. But everything was worth it to have this kid in my life. I love him more than anything. He was the only one that stuck with me through the healing process. Of course there was Rhodey and Happy, but they had other things to worry about. It was refreshing to know that people cared about me still, so no matter how hard things get, I have to get through it. For them. For him."