Chapter Two

"Boss, it's time to wake up." FRIDAY'S voice echoed through the room.

Tony groaned, "What time is it Fri..?"

Tony realized he was still on the couch, and Peter was next to him. Tony peeked an eye open to see if Peter was awake, and was pleased to see he was still asleep. Tony closed his eye and tightened his hold on his kid.

"It's 11:15. The Rogues will be here in 45 minutes." FRIDAY responded.

Tony sighed and completely opened his eyes. Tony looked down at Peter and his heart tightened at the thought of Steve and the others finding him. What if they-

Tony shook his head. No. He can't let himself think that way.

Tony noticed a twitch coming from Peter's eye lids and he immediately knew he was awake.

"I know you're awake Pete." Tony teased.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm asleep. See?" Peter countered and followed up with snoring sounds.

Tony chuckled and Peter giggled in between snores.

"Come on, time to get up -unfortunately." Tony tells Peter.

Peter sighs but gets up anyway. Tony smiled softly and got up as well. He laid the blanket back over the couch and walked to the kitchen, making eggs and toast for Peter. When Tony finish he sat the plate on the counter and called for Peter. He walked out of his room, dressed for the day.

"Breakfast is ready."

Peter smiled and mumbled a 'thank you' before he ate his food. While he was eating Tony went to his room to shower and change into a white button up, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. He left his hair as it was, just running his fingers through it a couple times.

When Tony walked back out Peter was finishing doing the dishes. He dried his hands before coming over to Tony to give him a hug. Tony wrapped his arms around Peter and ruffled his hair.

"I'll see you later tonight." Tony promise.

Peter nods and pulls away, "Tell me how things go."

"I will."

With that Peter heads towards the elevator. He presses the button and turns to Tony.

"Bye, Mr. Stark!" He exclaims as he steps into the elevator.

Tony smiled, "Bye kid, love you!"

Tony see Peter's shocked expression before the elevator doors closed. Tony sighs, already more sad without his kid.

"What time is it FRIDAY?" Tony asked.

"11:58. The Rogues are entering the building."

Tony's heart beat quickens and he immediately wishes he'd let Peter stay. That thought leaves his mind as quick as it entered. The Rogues are not coming near his kid.

Tony hears the elevator doors open just as he steps into the living room. He's hesitant to look towards the door, but then he hears footsteps rush towards his side and a comforting hand on his back.

"Tony, hey. It's me," Tony looked up and saw Rhodey looking at him, concern clear as day written on his face. "It's okay, you're safe."

Tony took a deep breath and smiled thankfully at him. Rhodey smiles back, removing his hand, but doesn't leave Tony's side, which Tony appreciated.

Tony allowed himself to put his gaze towards the elevator and his breath hitches in his throat. Tony knew who he was going to see. His old team. His old family. But knowing something and actually experiencing it are two different things. They all look the same, besides him, who decided to grow out a beard. Also Nat, who went blonde. Tony's heart yearned for them, but his brain knew better. They hurt him and he hurt them.

Tony felt tears brim in his eyes as he took in the sight of them. Natasha, Wanda, Scott, Clint, Sam, and Steve -Captain America.

Tony squeezed his eyes shut and turned his back to them. Rhodey murmurs an 'excuse us' to the Rogues, walks in front of Tony, and pulls him into a hug. Tony buries his face into Rhodey's neck and held onto him tightly. Tears stream down Tony's face and sobs escaped his lips. Rhodey hugs Tony tighter and whispers calming words into his ear. Tony pulls away and looks at Rhodey with pleading eyes.

"I can't do this, Rhodey. I- I can't, I- I'm sorry.." Tony cried.

Rhodey smiles reassuringly at Tony and kisses his forehead.

"It's okay Tony. Go get some rest, I'll handle things here." Rhodey promises.

Tony lets out a breath he was holding and thanked Rhodey before dashing to his room, ignoring the looks he got from the Rogues.

Rhodey watched his best friend run off and concern wraps his heart. Rhodey took a deep breath and put on his business face before turning to the assholes that hurt Tony.

They all had looks of concern and guilt, the most guilt coming from Rogers. Rhodey glared at them with nothing but hate.

"Are you happy? Look what you did to him." Rhodey snarled.

"Rhodes I'm-"

"Save it Rogers. I don't want to hear it. Follow me." Rhodey ordered as he walked back into the elevator, Steve and his clique following him.

Rhodey pressed the button to one of their floors and stared straight ahead. When the doors finally opened he stepped off and went to the living room. Rhodey turned around and glared at them once again.

"This will be one of your floors. Your other one will be the floor above this one. You will only be allowed on these two floors, unless you wish to train or there is a conference you need to attend. Tony will supply you with your necessities, but come to me if you need anything. Just have FRIDAY contact me. Do not, and I repeat, do not disturb Tony. He's already letting you stay in his home, he doesn't need you triggering an anxiety attack. Got it?" Rhodey stated.

They all nodded their heads and Rhodey doesn't hesitate to go back into the elevator and hit the button to Tony's floor.