Prolouge

'They left me. He left me.' 

These thoughts were swimming through Tony's head. The oh, so perfect, patriotic on steroids, super solider, also known as Captain America - Steve Rogers - him. Tony's own teammate left after putting his shield into Tony's arc reactor. The shield Tony's father made him. The betrayal Tony felt was strong as it boiled inside of him. He lied to him. He knew how his parents died, he knew his Bucky killed them. And he didn't bother telling him.

Tony slowly felt himself growing weaker. He weakly put a hand over his broken reactor and turned his head to the shield. Tears started to brim Tony's eyes the more he stared at it. Not only did he betray him, so did more than half of his teammates. Tony turn his head away from the shield, not wanting to feel the pain of being betrayed anymore.

But it kept coming. The pain was still there, and at this point he didn't know if it was emotionally or physically. Maybe both. Probably both. Tony felt his eye lids grow heavy and he sighed in defeat, allowing the darkness to consume him.

~*~

Tony opened his eyes, only to squint them with a hiss at the sudden bright light.

"Mr. Stark?"

He blinked a few times and had to wait for his eyes to adjust before turning to the sound of the voice.

Peter.

He sat in a plastic chair next to the hospital bed.

"Mr. Stark! You're awake! Are you okay? Is the light too bright? Do you need water? Are you hungry? Are you in pain? Do you need any pills?.." The boy kept rambling while Tony tried to remember what happened.

Germany... airport... Siberia... Steve... Bucky... parents murdered... shield... arc reactor... betrayal...

Tony's eyes widened as he remember everything that happened. He gasped loudly and threw a hand over his arc reactor, trying to suck in air.

"Mr. Stark? Hey, hey, calm down. It's alright. You're safe. I'm safe. We're safe. You're alright." Peter's voice was frantic as he grabbed Tony's hand and placed it on his chest. He began to take exaggerated breaths, telling Tony to follow his breathing. After a few minutes, Tony had calmed down, and his breathing was steady.

"W-What.. How long have I been out?" Tony asked.

"A week. I think. I don't know for sure. The days sort of blend together after not sleeping for a while." Peter answered sheepishly.

His response makes Tony freeze. Not sleeping for a while? That's when Tony noticed how drastically Peter's changed. His curly brown locks are tangled together, laying messily on his head. His big brown puppy dog eyes have bags under them. His face appears to be sunken in, which can be caused by not eating. His eyes are also puffy and red, like he's been crying recently, or for a while.

"Holy shit kid. Are you okay?" Tony questioned.

Peter looked confused momentarily before catching his reflection in the window. Peter looked back at Tony, embarrassed, and he desperately tried to straighten himself out. When he realized it's no use, he sighed and dropped his hands back to his lap.

"Yeah I'm fine. I've just been worried about you. I haven't slept, eaten, or showered much. I just stayed in this room, only leaving to use the bathroom." Peter explained.

It's like a switch got flicked inside of Tony and all he cared about was Peter's well-being.

"That is not okay, Peter. This is what we're going to do. First you're going to eat, take a much needed shower, and sleep. Second, I'm going to get out of this damn hospital bed and we're both going to go home." Tony ordered in a new found fatherly tone that he didn't know he could have.

Peter nodded and got up from the chair.

"I should probably inform them that you're awake," Peter mumbled. He walked to the door, before stopping and turning back to Tony with a soft smile. "Don't worry Mr. Stark, everything will be okay. It'll all go back to normal eventually." And then he was gone.